What's new

Opinions on Outlaw 770 wanted (1 Viewer)

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
I borrowed an Anthem PVA-7 amp from a local A/V shop to see if it would be a worthwhile purchase. Although it sounds fine I really feel that it lacks the power that I think I need for my Lsi's.

Any Outlaw owners out there care to offer any opinions on their experience with the 770 amp, and/or their experience buying a piece of equipment that they could not audition first. I must admit I bought my Lsi's without hearing them first, but I did as much research as possible first. To say I'm gun shy about buying an amp "Unheard" is putting it mildly!

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
Okay, thats good. But who pays the freight? If I buy locally I'm only out a buck or two for gas money, Shipping an amp this massive has got to cost a wee bit more.

MarkHendrickson

Auditioning
I tried a few different options and ended up with the Outlaw. No regrets because the bang for the buck ratio could not be beat based upon my trials.

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
The 770 is very capable. I think you will see it get a lot of respect, especially considering the build quality at it's price point.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
If the previous Outlaw amp is any indication, their new ones may be slightly scaled down ATI amps that have been OEM'd to Outlaw's specs.

Build quality would be solid, solid, solid.

Dan

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Outlaw seems to have good inventory levels now for the amps. If you are serious about the amp, go order it!

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
Hey guys I'm just trying to do my homework before shelling out 2 grand for a piece of equipment that I can't go and audition! I thought that there might be a few positive and or negative comments to be made by some of the members that could shed some light on this particular amp.

i think you worry too much..
My money Slim, not yours.

Bill, Mark, Russel, & Dan,
Thanks for your input!

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Anybody have problems getting their 770 once they took the plunge?
Yeah, but only up the stairs :D (It is very heavy)
Seriously, I am very happy with the 770 and I have not had any problems with it at all. It has more power than what you will know what to do with and as others have mentioned it is built like a tank.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
I'm extremely happy with my Outlaw 770, I've had it paired with tha Rotel 1066 for about 4-5 months now, and I definitely don't have any regrets. I don't think anybody else offers a 7-channel amp with this kind of bang-for-your buck value. It's very well made, but yes at 90lbs it's heavy so be careful if you're moving it yourself. I don't think availability is a problem for the amp. Back when I got mine, I ordered it at 1pm CST on a Thursday and it arrived on my doorstep the following morning.

I do believe you'll be out shipping if you decided to return it, but you also save out on sales tax, and I don't think you'll find a 7x200W amp locally for anywhere near the same price. So while there is some risk that you'll lose the shipping costs if you decide to return it, the potential savings if you keep it are quite substantial.

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
and it sounds like Outlaw Audio will have to pry it from your dead, cold hands
No I'll be more than happyto part with my cash when I'm satisfied, But I thank you for contribution to my fact finding efforts. I certainly appreciate your colorful and insightfull commentary! I must say that bantering back back and forth across the border was left me feeling quite certain that you, sir, are very knowledgeable.
Have a wonderfull day.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks