What's new

Outlaw 950 to amp match up question (1 Viewer)

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
I am currently using A Sherwood Newcastle R945 receiver as a pre/pro hooked up to 4 QSC EX amps to power my speakers and wanted to know everyone’s thoughts on a possible change to the new Outlaw 770 amp?

My current QSC EX 800 amps put out 175 Watts per channel which I used for all channels (6) except the front center which I am using a QSC EX 1250 which gives me 275 Watts. My speakers are JBL S36’s which are rated at 150 Watts Max and I have a S-Center rated the same.

The QSC are professional amps (THX) and sound quite good and of course each two channel amp has its own power supply, and has balanced inputs.

Options:

1.)Sell the 3 QSC EX 800’s and replace with the Outlaw 770 and keep the QSC EX1250 for my SVS subs.

2.)Keep all 4 QSC amps.

Opinions?

RichardH

Supporting Actor
I'd keep the QSC amps around. They are rock-solid, and doing fine, right? IMO, I would only replace what *needs* replacing. So, if you feel that the pre/pro needs replacing, just do that.

I do sympathize with the urge to have a matching pre/pro and amp, but I think you'll be taking a step backwards in this case; well in terms of power anyways.

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Thanks for the reply Richard, and yes, you are right these QSC amps are "rock solid". That was one of my concerns, replacing the amps I have and then having a channel go out on the new 7 in 1 amp. With 2 channel stereo amps one would only needs to replace one unit if it ever goes bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks