What's new

Hulu Only Murders in the Building (1 Viewer)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
So, we've all been slacking off this season.

Twists and turns. These last two episodes have been amazing. There have been suspicions about who the murderer is this time, and I haven't bought any of them. My guess is
Tobert
even though they don't fit the "meta-trope" I described back in post #53.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I've found the season up and down (though I haven't yet watched this week's episode. I'll get to it today.) Streep has been brilliant; I've really enjoyed her quirky characterization (and that gorgeous song she sang in episode 3), but as she's not on every week, some of the in-between episodes have suffered. I have enjoyed Jackie Hoffman this season.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Episode 8 a great time for this season. Many surprises revealed, but my guess as to the murderer is now pretty set in my mind. My guess is Clifford DeMao

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Episode 8 a great time for this season. Many surprises revealed, but my guess as to the murderer is now pretty set in my mind. My guess is Clifford DeMao
Interesting guess. I think it’s someone else now but your guess is also intriguing. :)

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Started the season late as I was traveling for much of August, but have finally caught up.

The scene with Meryl and Martin having a steak dinner in her apartment was hilarious! Classic situation/physical comedy.

The inclusion of Matthew Broderick was so choice. Perfect sendoff for his character as well!

My guess for the murderer is also Tobert, not due to any reasoning/motives/clues that I have discerned, but in that he hasn't been suspected yet. All the "big" suspects have had some secret background attached to them - though I think these are red herrings. But there was a line about someone injecting themselves into the investigation who turned out to be the murderer... this is what Tobert did.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Forgot to add that with Broderick and Mel Brooks showing up, I was hoping Nathan Lane's character would walk past Broderick and they'd give each other a knowing glance...

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
"Triplets" was a recurring theme in this episode... so definitely a clue.

We know Ben and Dickie are "brothers", but who's the 3rd brother? Tobert or Cliff?

The plot thickens, with plenty of revelations this episode... building up to the big reveal next week.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The last couple of episodes have been on fire, so I'm looking forward to a fun concluding episode. I was getting a little despondent midway through the season since the show seemed to be spinning its wheels, but once it got back on track, it's been very entertaining.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'm usually not one to crow, but to get it right after two years of getting it miserably wrong is an enormous satisfaction to me.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Good finish! Not as consistently entertaining as the 1st 2 seasons, perhaps, but still has segments of inspired genius (Matthew Broderick, etc.).

Resolution to the murder was fine, but it lacked premeditation, since it was a spur-of-the-moment decision by Cliff.

And why did Tina Fey show up for only 1 scene during the season?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks