What's new

Hulu Only Murders in the Building (1 Viewer)

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Eeek!! If that is truly the case, immediately shut off your TV, lie down, put a cold cloth on your forehead, and never watch an episode again!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Three episodes in and enjoying it. Should be caught up by the end of the weekend.

I don't know, episode 3 with the cat in the freezer had me rolling.
Ya know, I love cats and that should have offended me. I laughed. Please forgive me my cat children.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Is this just one murder or standalone episodes each week?

It’s a serialized story where the three lead characters try to solve a murder that happened in their apartment building that the police ruled a suicide, and they chronicle their sleuthing on a podcast. It’s a bit of a send up of the current true crime podcast craze.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Makes me wonder if we will get a Chevy Chase cameo.
I said this somewhere else before the first ep aired.

I was always a huge Chevy fan.

I saw Martin and Martin on the tour they did together a few years ago and it was great.
They really are Great together.
Makes me even more upset about Chevy Chase and what he did to sabotage his career.
If he wasn’t such a Jackhole I don’t doubt he could have been doing shows like this with SM and or MS

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Ya know, I love cats and that should have offended me. I laughed. Please forgive me my cat children.
I think it's fine. Cats are laughing at us all the time. :emoji_smile_cat: 😹

jegj2ue098x51.jpg

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I like how we're getting episodes from other characters' perspectives, and it was definitely neat getting an episode with no spoken dialogue, either because the scenes were from the perspective of the Deaf character or because the characters weren't in a position where they could talk out loud.

We now know how Zoe died, and the answer to that mystery provides certain characters with a strong motivation to kill Tim Kono. But there are still three episodes left, so we have a lot of twists and turns left to go.

Loved the foreplay via Scrabble board.

My only real pet peeve with the episode was the way the signing scenes were shot; often, the angles chosen meant that we couldn't see the characters' hands. As a result, even Deaf people would need the subtitles to understand what was being said. The only show or movie in recent memory that's gotten that aspect right is CODA.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
After a short few minutes where we found this interesting, it became very irritating. Why weren’t there subtitles so the rest of us could see what was going on?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
After a short few minutes where we found this interesting, it became very irritating. Why weren’t there subtitles so the rest of us could see what was going on?

There were subs. Mine came on automatically but otherwise you could have just hit settings and turned them on.

Sorry but your complaint is ridiculous to me.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
There were subs. Mine came on automatically but otherwise you could have just hit settings and turned them on.
Mine came on automatically, too; I thought they were burned in because they didn't have the usual telltale signs of dynamic subtitles.

I'm wondering if it's a difference between the Hulu version (in the US) and the Disney+ Star version (everywhere else).

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll

Sorry but your complaint is ridiculous to me.
It may be ridiculous to you, but subtitles always have come on automatically for other languages, and did not here. We had no way of knowing that they existed. I, in fact, did not know about them until reading this thread. I tested the show with cc on and sure enough they were there. The episode of my wife's current favorite program was ruined because we did not know what was going on. Call us stupid if you must, but we will have to watch it again now.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
It may be ridiculous to you, but subtitles always have come on automatically for other languages, and did not here.
Watching on Disney+?

They came on automatically for me watching D+ a few hundred km down the road towards Quebec from you...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I think his complaint was ridiculous.

He then said, “Call us stupid if you must, but we will have to watch it again now.”

I never said anyone was stupid.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Watching on Disney+?

They came on automatically for me watching D+ a few hundred km down the road towards Quebec from you...
We were watching on Disney+, and there were no automatic subtitles. We turned on the cc, and were able to read along when they signed. We also got subtitles that said things like “dramatic music” and “inaudible language” typical of cc and not usually found when another language is translated.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
The first season wrapped up yesterday with episode 10.

It was the longest episode of the season and played out quite nicely with a good setup for season 2.

And the choreography of the elevator "dance" was just brilliant.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Steve Martin being able to do all that physical comedy at age 76 was impressive.

Enjoyed the finale, looking forward to season 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks