What's new

One Tree Hill Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/12/04

So Brooke's parents are going broke, and she's gonna be one of the poor folks.

Hate the new guy Felix. Disappointed in Mouth tagging along with him.

The new Business 101 prof is just too rich to take seriously. Karen gives Peyton a shot at her idea for an all-ages music scene in the town.

Nathan finds that money doesn't grow on trees. The whole deal with using some saved up money for a car, but Nathan decides to use the money to buy Hailey a keyboard for her *ahem* musical acumen is laughable but sweet. Keith offers to fix up a beater of a car for Nathan and Hailey.

Dan tries to tempt Lucas with a sweet Vette, after some father-son bonding when they go racing against Felix. Lucas turns his back on Dan once again.

Evan M

Second Unit

I actually found that very believable. Mouth has always had that sort of "If only I could be popular" sort of vibe. We all know he wishes Brooke would see him as more than just a geeky, nice kid. He's lived with that "geeky" persona his whole life, and if nothing else kinda wants a taste of the other side. Maybe he doesn't even feel like Lucas and Nathan are really his friends... sure they hang out with him, but it's easy for them.. they've got the looks and the girls and what not.

So, an attractive new guy, who is totally full of himself shows up, and actually picks you to show him around (that's the part that is sort of unbelievable, but I guess no one else would want to) and gives you a few insightful tidbits on how to act toward women to get them to want you and what not.

Sure, I can see how he'd bite. You can tell he's sorta torn about it (Like when they were talking to Lucas, and the new guy walks off.. mouth kinda hesitates, like "Go, or stay... go, or stay...")

Anywho, I think it's an intersting side story.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Even though you're broke, I still love you Brooke Davis.

That new kid was annoying, but he should bring some interesting storylines at the least.

Any car guys on here? Wouldn't that Vette smoke the Bmw?

Don Black

Screenwriter
I'm a bimmer owner but there is no question that the Z06 would spank an E36 3-series! Not even close.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/26/04

The rate which people get hooked up in One Tree Hill makes my head swim:

Felix and Brooke are now friends with benefits.

Lucas and Felix's sister are developing a closeness, much to the consternation of Felix.

Karen and her college teacher share a dinner at his swanky piece of lakeside real estate in preparation of a meteor shower. Karen learns more about the teacher past.

Dan keeps trying to put the moves on Deb, and even fakes a bad prognosis by the doctor to keep her around via guilt-tripping her.

Keith cooks for the Maria Menounous character, who appears to be the perfect girl in terms of attitude (prefers beer over wine, doesn't like a burnt dinner ruin the evening). Lucky Keith, he needs a change in fortune.

Nathan passes up a 3-month basketball camp to be with Hailey for the summer. Hailey just thinks the offer was taken away from Nathan at the last moment. Dan isn't pleased to find out that Nathan turned down the camp due to Hailey.

Brooke is sad from the yard sale that has people buying her childhood memories at rock bottom prices, including her dollhouse. Mouth buys Brooke's dollhouse back for her. What a sap, that Mouth. If he only knew that she was shagging Felix...that dollhouse is going down...!

Peyton has to contend with a snotty record store worker who has some singing talent that she'll be forced to showcase at her new All-Ages bar in the music department. Looks like this guy is being positioned for Peyton to hook up with in the future. Peyton also finds out that Hailey has some musical vocal and keyboard talent and want her to sing too. Then the creepy band manager shows up and Peyton is afraid of him because of the overt drug use he displayed.

Lucas finally convinces Whitey to get the surgery for the tumor in his head.

Evan M

Second Unit

More importantly, it sounded as though the only reason that Nathan got into the camp in the first place was because Dan pulled some strings and set it up in an effort to sabotage his marriage with Haley. Much to his surprise, Nathan turned down the camp in favor of his marriage and supporting his wife. [Good for him! :) ]

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
I didn't watch this episode, but I think I'm done with this show - I don't like the new characters, and it was more fun when Luke and Nate hated each other - now they're practically ready to kiss. And when was the last time there was a basketball game?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
From the looks of it, it's still the start of summer in One Tree Hill, so hopefully school is going to start soon (but they'll have to skip those 3 months, and Lucas is going to have grow some hair unless he aims to keep the short 'doo).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/2/04 "Let the Reigns Go Loose"

Brooke isn't having a fun time adjusting to being poor, she scams donations, and even sell her blood.

Club Tric finally opens, though Peyton has to agree to a list of artist demands (a rider) to get the uppity record store clerk Chris to play at the opening. Hailey gets a case of stage fright, leaving Peyton to cover for her. Chris decides to not play on stage as the crowd isn't all that responsive to him, and this gets Hailey to fill in on stage, and the crowd loves her sappy ballad (didn't do much for me). Chris takes credit for getting Hailey out of stage fright mode.

Keith and Jules continue to hit it off, and they agree to be exclusive.

Dan tries to sell Karen on how sorry he is about what he's done in the past, but Karen isn't buying it, so Dan drops the bomb on Deb hooking up with Keith. Later, after the opening night at Club Tric is over, Karen confronts Deb about Keith, and Deb denies it.

Andy is finally introduced to Lucas, though Karen didn't have to heart to tell him that Lucas isn't 6 years old, but a high schooler. Andy doesn't have the problem with the age difference between him and Karen, but Karen does.

Felix continues to have issues with Lucas seeing his sister. Felix alluded to his sister's libido being the source of rumors that turn out to be unflattering to her reputation at the last town they lived in.

Nathan see Whitey, and Whitey approves of Nathan becoming a man in his marriage to Hailey.

Brooke has problems seeing Felix out and about with other girls, even after she has him agree to a list of demands for their "friends with benefits" agreement.

As Hailey helps Peyton clean up the club, they walk in the band manager doing drugs in the back, and the manager alludes to Peyton doing a couple of lines with him, and Peyton goes into "Gulp!" mode.

Mouth continues to pine for Brooke, but Felix swoop in to take credit for taking care of Brooke when she awakens from getting sloshed at the Club Tric opening.

Felix goes looking for Lucas to warn him to stay away from his sister.

(Fixed the "Club Tric" typos)

Evan M

Second Unit
Minor nitpick.. it's club "Tric", not "Trio". ;)

One of the more interesting things in the Mouth/Felix/Brooke trio that came to light was that Felix actually gave Mouth the money to buy back the dollhouse for Brooke. I was pretty surprised by that one.

I really enjoyed Haley's song... but, I'm a sucker for a good ballad.

I loved the scene with Dan and Karen... she calls him on his new attitude and rejects his attempt at an apology, saying that everyone can see through his newfound niceness... THEN he responds with the "Keith slept with Deb... Oh, you didn't know?" Ugh, she so has him nailed.

The other thing I really enjoyed in the episode was when Felix comes in after Mouth drops Brooke off... Felix offers up an apology and puts out a hand for a "Friends?" handshake... Mouth has finally caught on and just walks away, without even acknowledging the pathetic attempt at an apology. I wanted to cheer. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Oops, fixed the typo for "Club Tric". I now remember Peyton getting the name when only "tric" on the "Electric" sign worked. My ReplayTv's low recording quality made the t-shirt logo look like it said "Trio".

I enjoyed this show near the end of last season but now it's becoming a lovefest (just like a previous poster in this thread mentioned). Thankfully Dan is reverting to his old ways. The new characters don't count because they're disposable (here today, gone tomorrow). Villains need to be part of the main cast to be truly effective (think Joan Collins in her Dynasty days)

I cringe every time someone on the show talks about Haley's 'talent'. Please, she would be booed off the stage so fast for playing that adult contemporary crap at a night club. This seems to be a new trend this season (OC is also supposed to have it). Have the music labels fund part of the show with prominent placements for their artists or songs.

Does everyone on this show have a new love interest? What are the odds? Karen, Lucas, Brooke, Keith,....etc.

Hopefully the show picks up soon or, like Smallville, it will get relegated to the 20 minute browse, only stopping for any juicy parts/hot chicks getting busy :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/9/04

A crazy slumber party has the 4 gals confronting their current life issues head-on.

Felix and Brooke are caught doing the rabbit dance in Hailey and Nathan's bed. Hailey lets Karen know that Peyton and the musical manager were doing cocaine at Tric (Karen booted the cokehead from the club). Anna is grossed out by Felix and Brooke hooking up, and being attracted to Lucas with the history that the gals have with him complicates things. Hailey doesn't tell Nathan that she's been hanging with Chris recording tracks.

Nathan is concerned about the heart condition suffered by Dan, and a condition that is hereditary. He tricks Lucas into going to Charlotte to get a free student check-up for the condition. The ruse being going to see the Charlotte Bobcats in a NBA game, and Emeka Okafor has a cameo. Lucas doesn't want to know, so he doesn't get tested, but makes Nathan promise to tell others that Lucas was tested and was okay. Nathan tested okay, so the mystery cloud will hang on Lucas all season long while he plays basketball.

Karen and Andy get closer, but then after Karen pulls an all-nighter on her term paper, Andy slaps a hasty A on the paper on ethic in business (ironically enough), Karen thinks Andy is just into trading sex for grades, but later Andy smoothes things over, and they get busy since Lucas is in Charlotte for the night.

Keith and Jules get closer, Keith offers her a key to his place. She's always eating but isn't all that fat, hmm.... she must have some dark secret because she's otherwise a cool gal for Keith, and we all know Keith has no luck with the ladies in the long run.

Karen and Andy, and Keith and Jules show up at the same restaurant for dinner, which was an awkward situation.

Later, Anna wants Felix to back off of Brooke, but Felix confesses that he has feelings for Brooke, but the "rules" prevent him from letting her know.

Currently, I'm enjoying this show more than "Gilmore Girls" on Tuesday nights.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
So I watched last night, mostly because there was nothing else interesting to watch and I was so sad to see Hardy Jenn's with two n's with some other girl. What's with Hailey lying to her new husband about going to the studio with that other guy? Is she planning on cheating on him or did she already do that in a previous ep?

The last scene cracked me up when Lucas puts the music on and they started singing that stupid song. So funny!

Oh yeah and what's with Peyton and the cocaine thing? I obviously haven't watched this since the middle of last season, I got bored..... they've been busy in One Tree Hill...

Evan M

Second Unit
When Peyton was in the process of starting Club Tric (it was her idea... even though Karen is the fanancier/owner) she needed some bands to play or what not and sent to see that guy. He basically put it to her that if she didn't do a line of cocaine with him that he'd not do business with her.

So she did it, just that once as far as we know. There was considerable regret shown in a later episode with her winding up in a confessional as part of "Dare night"

As far as Haley goes, I dont' think she has any intention of cheating on Nathan, but was just scared and put on the spot about it. Maybe she thought Nathan wouldn't understand, or that he wouldn't like the idea of her hanging out with another guy.. who knows. Now she's in over her head, and rather than bring it up and talk about it at the end, she just ignored it and is going to go with the "he'll never find out" route, I guess.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hailey and Chris butchered "When the Stars Go Blue" by Ryan Adams (and there's a cover by the Corrs with Bono on the Corrs' Live in Dublin CD).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/30/04

What the hell happened? This episode almost played out like the season finale. Next week starts High School Reunion #3 in the normal OTH timeslot, so I guess OTH won't be back for at least 6 weeks, yes/no?

Karen finds out that Lucas might have Dan's heart disease, and basically blacklists Lucas from playing hoops with his friends, and he won't be playing for the high school until he consents to taking the test.

Dan is so playing with Keith, offering him the VP job, and all the while been bankrolling Jules to get Keith on a romantic high, and Jules wanted Keith to go back to teach in S. Carolina, but Keith decides to take the job and stay in Tree Hill, and professes his love for Jules on her answering machine as both she and Dan listen on, and Jules looks conflicted and Dan looks very satisfied by how things are going.

Deb admits to Karen that she slept with Keith.

Brooke's car windshield is busted, and Brooke thinks it was Felix. Brooke gives Felix the estimate for repairs since she thinks he did it. Lucas calls in a few favors and gets it repaired. Mouth gives Lucas money for the repairs because he confesses to being the culprit. Mouth moans (to Lucas) about being the nice guy who never gets the girl).

Rumors at school make Peyton the outed dyke at school (though she's not a dyke), and her locker has "dyke" spraypainted on it. Peyton confronts the bigotry head-on, and wears a t-shirt with "dyke" on it, and the principal request that she take off the offending t-shirt, so she does, in the hallway, thus getting a suspension anyway. Peyton goes to Brooke for comfort and a ear who listen to her problems, but Peyton learns that she's interrupting something, so she bolts. Then she contacts Rick for a quick fix, and during the drop, Jake shows up out of the blue.

At her old school, Anna had faced the rumors of being a dyke, and that's why her and Felix were moved. Peyton didn't like it when Anna didn't back her up in the hallway.

Nathan gets Lucas to admit he has true feelings for a girl, and that he needs to go for it. So Lucas goes to break up with Anna, and then goes to confront the girl he has true feelings for, and it turns out to be Brooke, but she was in the process of giving her heart to Felix as he opens up to her about his past and why he had been using the "friends with benefits" angle to get past the hurt from a 2 year relationship that abruptly got canned.

Nathan threatens Chris to stay away from Hailey early in the episode. Later, Chris turns on the charm, plants a big wet one on Hailey, and dangles the promise of bigger and better on the music scene with a bus trip to New York, and Hailey actually takes Chris on his offer. WTF?

Looks like this is the episode before we springboard into the fall school season (Hailey alluded to her wanting Nathan to go to basketball camp that he declined to be with her). I guess Hailey will have spent the summer with Chris, and then comes back, and Nathan will be livid by her disappearance. What will be the fallout being Lucas/Brooke/Felix? Will Peyton keep flirting with drugs even if Jake is back? How will Dan keep Keith twisting in the wind with Jules? What will Karen do now that Deb confessed to knocking boots with Keith?

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Great episode tonight. I thought it was great with all the drama goin on. Wow did Jake look like that last season?
I wasn't quite sure how the thing with Haley worked. So she didn't get on the bus after kissing that guy? She was only thinking about it?

Glad to have my guilty pleasure back.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks