What's new

One Tree Hill Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
After a topsy-turvy first season, One Tree Hill returns for its second season.

IIRC, Lucas left to go live with Keith, Haley and Nathan got hitched, Peyton and Brooke sent Nikki across the country in search of Jake and their daughter. Dan was in the hospital, near death (we can hope).

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I started watching this show when it first aired, but then sort of lost interest along the way. I picked up around the time Jake and Niki came into the picture.... I may tune in just to see Keith ( I like him)

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Man some good stuff to this one. Deb's dream was funny.
I liked the way they filled in the "other point of view" from last season's cliffhanger and kept moving foward.
I guess it was almost a given that Keith and Lucas would make it back to Tree Hill.

Looks like there will be drama between Haylie and Deb! Can't wait for that!

I hope they show more of Haylie's parents. They were fun, to watch. Makes me want to dig up my Huey Lewis tape I have somewhere.

Feel bad for Whitey.

hanson mat

Stunt Coordinator
After a loooong summer, the premiere was well worth the wait. Dan is ok, but in pretty critical condition. I do not know how Nathan and Haley are gonna suvive high school...much less the wrath of Deb! Great premiere!

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Good premiere with an enlarged role for Deb and the welcome return of Bess Armstrong. No sign of Jake or Nikki yet, though since it's only the day after the season finale, Nikki's probably still on her way to Seattle, and I don't remember where Jake went. Hope nothing serious happens to Whitey, as Barry Corbin is my favorite actor on the show.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hailey's parents were a hoot. Funny stuff.

The final scene was LOL funny as Dan wakes up and sees his brother Keith macking on his maybe-soon-to-be-ex-wife. Oh man, good stuff. What was with Deb's pink lipstick?

Karen looks really good with the new shorter hairdo.

Lucas is probably the least interesting character in this teen drama.

Evan M

Second Unit
Dan waking up when Keith and Deb were hugging was too predictable... as soon as he walked in and they started hugging, i even said to my wife "time for Dan to wake up". I hate predictable scenes.

I was really hoping to get a glimpse at what Lucas' letter to Brooke & Peyton said...

I never saw the Whitey cancer thing coming, and they just dropped it in right at the end... let's hope for the best, this show needs his character. His pep talk to Karen was awesome :)

I did like how this episode went back and filled in some missing details from last season, while moving the characters forward all at the same time. Who would have guessed Dan was at the house to apologize and plead for their marriage?

I loved the scenes with Haley's parents... they were too much fun, I was laughing the whole time. And the teasing scene before her mom (real mom) walked in... they had me sold for a minute that Haley's mom was black.

Good episode, I thought... it's great to have all the good shows kicking it back in gear.

hanson mat

Stunt Coordinator
I thought the "fill ins" were awesome too. I now have a totally different perspective on Dan after seeing his attempt to appologize to Deb. It made the "walk-in" fireplace scene so much more heartbreaking!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
9/28/04

Much lighter episode, and Hailey's parents still bringing the funny. Too bad her parents are being written out of the show by sending them out in a winnebago to tour the country.

Brooke's penchant for snapping candid shots of Peyton were welcomed.

Skittles gave Lucas the "don't forget who you were" pep talk as Lucas decides to stay.

Can't quite tell what Dan is up to with his "change of heart" but I think it's the "keep your friends close, you enemies closer" variety due to his comment to Deb w/r/t Nathan's marriage to Hailey. He'll probably pull the rug out from under Keith as well.

Moira (Karen) looks amazing for a woman who had a child this past year.

Evan M

Second Unit
I really enjoyed Hailey's parents in these last 2 episodes.. will be sad to not see them hang around for a while.

I'm not quite sure what to think of Dan's "change of heart"... I'm still not convinced he's genuine, but can't figure out what else he's up to with Keith and with Lucas.

The scene with Hailey and her parents in her old bedroom was touching and still comical... probably my favorite scene in this episode. "Screw 'em. Well.. not actually have SEX with them" ROFL... that was a great line.

So far this year, I'm actually enjoying One Tree Hill more than Everwood, which has been kind of surprising.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/5/04

You ever wonder where these crazy kids get the money to throw these parties? Well, now Brooke does too.

So the recently married Scotts get to play catch-up on their respective bachelor and bachelorette parties.

Hailey learned a few new moves, and acquired some frilly lingerie.

Nathan was tempted with former playmate Summer Altice, and amazingly enough rebuffed her advances, though she killed him in basketball on the Playstation/2.

Will Dan corrupt Lucas as Lucas fills in the "son" role while Nathan is doing his own thing? Dan and Deb are still in cahoots about undermining Nathan's marriage, but Dan is convince it'll implode on its own.

Keith is still trying to keep his distance from Karen, and she learns that she can't have it both ways after crushing his heart.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Some really good, campy laughs in this one. I think it will be great if Brooke has to get a job. :laugh:

Evan M

Second Unit
The new "Brooke has no money" thing could get interesting. Parents finally had enough of her spending habits, or are they just out of money? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but we haven't ever met her parents before have we? I can't recall. Maybe they'll be making their debut.

I'm still skeptical of Dan's new attitude toward Lucas and Keith... he obviously still has his old self in there, as is obvious with his plotting against Nathan/Hailey. But, I also don't see what point it serves, except to possibly make Nathan jealous or something?

Can't wait to see his reaction to Nathan getting paid from his company... that should be interesting.

Great episode, though... I love this show.

hanson mat

Stunt Coordinator
"The new "Brooke has no money" thing could get interesting. Parents finally had enough of her spending habits, or are they just out of money? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but we haven't ever met her parents before have we? I can't recall. Maybe they'll be making their debut."

Imho, I hope we meet Brook's parents too. The confrontation could get heated! Speaking of heated, how funny was the male mechanic stripper was hysterical!:star:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think that's correct, so far, Brooke's parents haven't been introduced yet. Then again, Brooke came off as such a bubblehead in the beginning, but gained a life of her own as the season progressed last year.

hanson mat

Stunt Coordinator
I used to think Brook was a bubblehead too, but now I know that she can be both witty and conniving... she is a great character who really stirs things up, even if she ends up washing dishes ;) :)

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Tim getting arrested was the funniest thing. I'm still laughing at that today.

Nathan is a stronger man that I. There is no way I could turn down Summer Altice. Summer Altice is just .. drool worthy.

hanson mat

Stunt Coordinator
You are right...I was so surprised when Haley turned out to be the woman in Nathan's bed. I totally thought that Haley was going to bust in on them...
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
I can't figure out the motivation for Nathan's parents regarding his marriage. Sure they don't think it was a good idea. I get that, but how would them forcing the kids to divorce help anything? They're worried it will ruin Nathan's life so they plan on doing something that will make him hate them forever. How does this help?

Then Dan says they'll probably break up soon on their own. You'd think Deb would be happy with that thought, but then she says what if it doesn't happen. Huh? If against all odds things work out well for them this upsets her? What the hell is wrong with her? I don't like that they've changed her into the new Dan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks