What's new

One Tree Hill ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
For the 3 fans of "One Tree Hill", a new episode will be on tonight: "You Gotta Go There To Come Back".

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob

I consider WB shows beneath contempt - but I kinda like this one. The kids are too old, the parents are too young, everyone's mopey and miserable all the time (although the "brothers hating each other" story seems to have been dropped), much of the acting is wooden, but as cheesy teen soaps go, it's pretty watchable. Besides, I think the blonde mother rocks with the way she stands up to her rotten jerk of a husband. ;)

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator

What can I say? The two main chicks are hot. Thanks to TiVo I've actually seen every episode.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I finally watched this episode.

Overall, a good episode.

Can Dan really be this one-dimensional? What a tool.

Loved how Deb has the brains and the compassion (and the money) to not be pushed around by Dan. When is she, Barbara Alyn Woods, going to be added to the growing number of actors in the opening credits?

Where is Moira Kelly (Karen)? I know the character is in Italy, but what's Moria up to?

Looks like Peyton might be falling for the single father. Brooke is so dense. Haley and Nate actually make a cute couple (and the preview for next week look amusing).

Condoms and whip cream. Busted!

What are the odds that the singer of the show's theme song just shows up in town? :)

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob

Pregnancy. I guess she was getting too big to hide behind the potted plants. :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ah...that would make sense, I guess, otherwise, if "Karen" got knocked up by another Scott brother, the town would really talk...

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Now that you mention it, Lucas doesn't look like either of his parents, but he DOES look like he could be the offspring of Keith and Deb... ;)

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
3/02/04

Brooke is pissed at Peyton for stealing her boyfriend Lucas.

Nathan finds out that his mom left the family for another man years ago, then applies for emancipation from his parents.

Lucas, torn between Brooke and Peyton, goes to a bar and spends an evening with a nice-looking college girl.

Keith considers selling his garage, then makes a big mistake by striking a deal with brother Dan.

Peyton babysits for Jake.

The nice-looking college girl is revealed to be the mother of Jake's daughter Jenny.

Sheryl Crow just happens to stop by the cafe for coffee and to perform a song for Haley and Nathan.

A pretty good episode, as these things go, with a neat twist at the end. Hope the college girl doesn't cause trouble for Jake, as he is the only contented character in the whole show! I still wish they would pump up Barry Corbin's role, as he and Barbara Alyn Woods are the best actors on the show.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Gawd, Emmanuelle Vaughier was hot tonight! Hope she sticks around a bit now that the writers dropped 2 bombshells on the viewers:

1. Nikki is the mother of Jake's child.
2. Deb had a fling a few summers ago

Now, using the show to push Sheryl Crow's Greatest hits album got a bit too thick towards the end.

Lucas is da man! Hitting it with Nikki on the first night! Of course, it's gonna get complicated if/when Lucas puts 2 and 2 together as far as Nikki and Jake are concerned.

Keith is an idiot for getting involved with Dan, and is going to pay a heavy price for signing that deal with Dan the devil.

Nikki must like banging high school boys. Wonder how old the character is (and whether statutory rape is in effect...)

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob

Don't know about Nikki, but the actress is 27. Someone suggested that the reason these shows cast 20-year-olds as teenagers is to make the sex scenes less creepy.

Useless trivia: Moira Kelly is only 13 years older than Chad Michael Murray.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, Chad is the old one (vs. Moira being cast closer to her character's age).

I'd peg Nikki's age to be around 19 (and Jake around 17).

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Well I've finally got caught up on this show. Been a little behind thanks to NBC's move of Scrubs.

I like the character of Jake. Glad he's showing up more in the show. Funny, that the teenager with a daughter is prolly the least messed up one.

Keith must still have some brain damage. How did he not see that one coming? That's frustrating to watch.

Lucas is a pimp. Nuff said. I've got to try that "brooding" look that he does. ( I've heard that term somewhere before, not sure where)

Brooke is a babe. Soo sad they did her wrong.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
yeah, i really feel old when i see stars of teen movies of the eighties, like craig sheffer and moira kelly, playing parents of teenagers themselves. i know the kids aren't actually teens, but craig and moira also seem just a bit too young for the roles. but at least they're geting work.

also, paul johanson playing a dad of a teenage son, when it was only five or so years ago he was a college frat guy on 90210.

second it too. sophia bush(brooke) is hot hot hot. but then, so is peyton.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Just a reminder - a new episode airs this Tuesday (4/06) - opposite a crucial new episode of 24.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter

GRR

...and there's a new Scrubs on too!

:emoji_thumbsup: ..to great tv!

:thumbsdown: ..to it all being scheduled at the same time!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks