1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

One Optical Audio out - Two Optical Audio inputs

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Mark C Wagner, Dec 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mark C Wagner

I hope I am not being redundant here as I don't want to waste people's time. I did do a search and not sure if my question has ever been addressed or answered. To say the least, I am confused as I don't want to SPLIT the audio, I only want the FULL audio to go to whatever device I choose.

I have a TV with ONE optic audio out and I want to play the TV with my soundbar. I also want to use my headphones after the family goes to bed. Right now I just unplug the cable from one device and plug in the cable from the other device. I make the selection on my TV and everything works flawlessly.

I don't want to have to keep unplugging and plugging. Is there a GOOD splitter or switch someone could advise me on? Thank you much !

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
  3. Mark C Wagner

Thank you so much Mr. Wayne...appreciate you taking the time. I did google but am confused with the splitting. Does the device actually split the sound so you only have half the signal? Or do you get the FULL signal for whatever device you're using. Hence was the reason for me posting here.

Thanks again.

4. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Not sure what the concern is - does one of your devices claim not to work without “full” signal? Basically, as long as your devices work after the split - which translates to “has audio” - then you’re in business.

That said, this one claims no signal loss.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0119OKGVI/ref=asc_df_B0119OKGVI5318606/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B0119OKGVI&linkCode=df0&hvadid=194017009123&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16391568069013334071&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9028156&hvtargid=pla-312526725581

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

5. Mark C Wagner

Thank you.

Warm regards and a handshake