What's new
World Wide Stereo

One Optical Audio out - Two Optical Audio inputs (1 Viewer)

I hope I am not being redundant here as I don't want to waste people's time. I did do a search and not sure if my question has ever been addressed or answered. To say the least, I am confused as I don't want to SPLIT the audio, I only want the FULL audio to go to whatever device I choose.

I have a TV with ONE optic audio out and I want to play the TV with my soundbar. I also want to use my headphones after the family goes to bed. Right now I just unplug the cable from one device and plug in the cable from the other device. I make the selection on my TV and everything works flawlessly.

I don't want to have to keep unplugging and plugging. Is there a GOOD splitter or switch someone could advise me on? Thank you much !

Thank you so much Mr. Wayne...appreciate you taking the time. I did google but am confused with the splitting. Does the device actually split the sound so you only have half the signal? Or do you get the FULL signal for whatever device you're using. Hence was the reason for me posting here.

Thanks again.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anonymous01
Recent bookmarks