Once and Again 4/8/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

This was the second to last episode of "Once and Again" a really fine show of merged, extended families.

The last 5 minutes were really heartfelt. It's true, some people really do have a chasm between them and their parents, even with the familial bonds in place. This show has been able to capture the essence of family like very few have on television. I will mourn its demise (unless some of network wises up and picks it up).

2. Steve Zatkoff

Steve Zatkoff Stunt Coordinator

I will miss the weekly wellup of tears in my eyes. It is truly a great show.

3. Rob Willey

Rob Willey Screenwriter

Rob
    I've really enjoyed this show since its first episode. ABC hasn't made it easy to keep up with moving it all over the schedule.
    However, as I sat watching Monday's penultimate episode, I actually thought "Jeez, get it off the air before Lily's entire family succumbs to some sort of mental illness." First, her brother's schizophrenia, now her mother's Alzheimers. Of course, she and Judy both see and interact with dead people (her father). Throw in Jesse's bout with anorexia and counseling and I'm ready to throw up my hands and say "Enough!". The writers seem out of fresh ideas.
    Oh, did I mention I'm a big fan? [​IMG]
    Rob

4. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Producer

Elizabeth S
    Well, I'll miss this show so much. . . In such an extended family like Lily's, though, I don't think all those situations was laying it on too thick. . .

I rather really missed the strong presence of Rick late in this season, though. I know he made that movie with Jennifer Lopez, so I wonder if he asked for less work time.

I surely hope Zwick/Herskovitz don't give up on episodic television, because ALL their series have been among the best on TV in any given season.

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

FYI: the Billy Campbell - J.Lo film is called "Enough" and Campbell plays a really bad seed of a husband/ex-husband, but it seems J.Lo gets to deliver some pretty nasty payback towards his character.