What's new

***Official Survivor: Amazon Discussion Thread*** (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
The people who cast Survivor must start with people who are openly confrontational and opinionated. Then throw in differences in race, religion and sexual orientation, and you have yourself a powder keg! That's what gets ratings. Survivor is like car racing. We're watching for the crashes!

Can you imagine a whole season filled with a group of Nehleas, Poppys (Marquesas) and Rogers (Outback)? YAWWWWWN!

Still they do always manage to get an "in your face" confrontation that revolves around the Black woman

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
Man, those guys are making men everywhere look like idiots! And I'm not talking about the challeges. How they go on and on about the women on the other tribe.. Give it a rest!

Glad Dan went. He WAS lazy, and too proud.

Steve Clark

Second Unit
I am really enjoying this Survivor so far. The group dynamics appear different with the same gender tribes. Recent Survivor shows have turned into a Survival of the Weakest almost at the outset. So far in this season the weak have been kicked out. With the mixed sex tribes, the weaker females and weaker males would seem to quickly form alliances out of self preservation instincts, leaving the strong, leader types exposed.

Daniel and the 1st guy kicked out seemed somewhat immature with their attitudes and got what they deserved. Matthew has tried twice now to get Roger booted, so he could be in trouble next. Roger and Butch need to be careful and think ahead as they could get in trouble at the merger if they bring along a couple of the young studs who would quickly form an alliance with the hotties.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Daniel will go down in Survivor history as being one of the stupidest contestants ever. He's like a little kid who can't stand authority figures. He *thinks* he's smarter than authority figures. He has no guile, but plenty of pride. His long-range planning stretched mightily to how he would best hit on the girls. I've seen smarter 1st graders on the playground than Daniel.

I was astounded when Survivor showed Daniel and Matthew conversing in Mandarin. I was like "now this could save Daniel if he plays it right with Matthew." But the first time Jeff asks Daniel "who's your friend here?" and Daniel blurts out "Matthew is because he can speak Mandarin!"

Not only did Daniel squander a communication advantage, he has basically taken Matthew down with him because Matthew now has a big red X on his backside.

Daniel: What a dumbass!!!

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I can see Matthew sneaking into Daniel's room at the loser hotel and whacking him good with a bar of soap in a sock.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
The deaf girl has the amazon under her arms. The appointed leader I think should be given a blood test so we can find out if she actually is a woman.
:laugh:

I know, what's up with that deaf girl??? Those armpits are nasty to look at!!

BTW, I'm out of the Survivor pool we have going at the office. I had Daniel, that dumbass!

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Daniel hung himself in more than one way. Not only does he spill the secret, but then he tries to play up the fact that he's an outsider in the group because he's Chinese. Unlike the way Christy has been an outsider in her own group, I never detected the same thing with Daniel. Saying what he did could have been enough to push other over the edge on their vote.

The guys better start thinking if they want to have a chance. They're too concentrated on the women and stabbing each other in the back to come together as a team and win some. I don't see this changing.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Could Roger be a bigger bigot? His "kung-fu" comment wasn't the most PC. Could Roger be playing the Clay card from last season, being unlikable and carried to the finals as the worst of 2 evils?

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Could Roger be a bigger bigot? His "kung-fu" comment wasn't the most PC. Could Roger be playing the Clay card from last season, being unlikable and carried to the finals as the worst of 2 evils?
I was thinking the same thing. First he starts off with the homophobic comments and last night he slips in a racial slur. He's either really stupid or he's hoping they'll keep him around for that exact reason. The greater of 2 evils.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Dan = (I agree) possibly the stupidest contestant ever. Then again, who was that first guy they voted off? Ryan or something? He's in the running, too.

Heidi = worst implants I've ever (almost) seen. I'd keep my top on, too.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I don't see anyone commenting on the funniest comment of the whole show: how Heidi pointed out that she, Shawna and Jenna went by themselves to take a bath because they're young and pretty, as opposed to the other girls. :) Wow, I got a pretty good high school clique vibe from that. :laugh:

Heidi's fake boobs look more and more ridiculous as she's losing weight.

What I don't understand is why these women (and men) don't
go nude more often. Even when they took the bath they were covering themselves up. The show is on CBS for christs sake, they're not gonna show anything.

/Mike

WillG

Senior HTF Member
"I don't see anyone commenting on the funniest comment of the whole show: how Heidi pointed out that she, Shawna and Jenna went by themselves to take a bath because they're young and pretty, as opposed to the other girls."

I was considering mentioning that in one of my other posts. Definitely got a laugh out of that one.

One question, how come the tribe that loses the immunity challenge never seems to vote off the one that screws it up in the first place? I could see stategic voting later in the game, but in the first week or two when noboby really knows each other, it would seem the one to screw it up would be an easy choice. I would have been gunning for Dan out when it took him 20 mins (and yes, I heard in real time, it did take a full 20 min) for him to get across that balance beam.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
What I don't understand is why these women (and men) don't go nude more often. Even when they took the bath they were covering themselves up. The show is on CBS for christs sake, they're not gonna show anything.
Maybe they don't want the Survivor crew to see them naked.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
The show also gave away the winner of the reward challenge during the previews by showing the girls bathing. When we found out that it was for hygiene products my wife looked at me and said "Well, I guess we know who wins this challenge.":thumbsdown:

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Micheal, yeah I thought of that too, but the prize was sort of lame anyway, as well as the contest, so it didn't matter much... the guys seemed more happy that the girls won so they'd look pretty next time they'd see them. :)

/Mike

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
Man, those guys are making men everywhere look like idiots! And I'm not talking about the challeges. How they go on and on about the women on the other tribe.. Give it a rest!
I don't know, I'm enjoying the group dynamics. So far this has been one of the most entertaining seasons of Survivor in quite a while. We were laughing our asses off last night. That's what it's all about, entertainment. If they were all serious and organized and didn't do anything funny it would be boring...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This season is fine, I'm digging it.

I think the challenges have been "fair" between the sexes, meaning the playing field is pretty much even for the event at hand.

In the past, you have both men and women on each teams, so the teams had both strong and weak members, making the swimming/rowing/etc fair events for both teams to compete.

What's been on display is the stupidity of men (so far this season in the Amazon).

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
You know, with one of the girls having so much trouble untieing the rope that held their canoe to the boat, I actually started laughing at the thought of how easy the guys would have it in a challenge that involved untieing so many of them..

My wife laughed at me after that sorry loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks