What's new

***Official Survivor: Amazon Discussion Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
I brought this up during the last Survivor, but here we are just 6 days into the Amazon and all of these goofs don't seem to be able to fish, hunt or find food. WTF ?!? You KNOW your going to the Amazon. You KNOW you're not gonna have any decent food provided regularly. And you STILL don't learn how to f'ing fish, set traps or learn about the local flora that you can eat ? I mean, you're in the AMAZON for God's sake -- home of like 3 billion species of fish, animals and plants. Idiots.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the vid clip links Patrick! Shawna sure did give Heidi a good once-over with her eyes! :D

Here's my take on the whole granola bar thing:

If the women wanted to bitch/moan/bitch/moan about who smuggled it in (if indeed it was a player and not someone else) then they should have divided it up and bitched about who brought it by the fire or something.

Since they elected to burn it, they should have DROPPED IT! It's obviously moot if the person who brought it didn't get to eat it! Why waste brain power worrying about something they can't figure out!

Daft.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, I kept thinking the same thing. WHO CARES who brought it? It's not like they can do anything about it.
Idiots.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
You KNOW you're not gonna have any decent food provided regularly. And you STILL don't learn how to f'ing fish, set traps or learn about the local flora that you can eat ?
Same thing for making fires. After the first Survivor, you would have thought that every contestant would have had that basic skill.

This time, they made it easy and gave out flints.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think this season will point out a lot of the "stereotypical" behavior in tribes of all men or all women will magnify the societal aspects of such groupings.

Why do the women behave the way they do? Because that's just how things are. I'll bet sociologists are having fun watching this season.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Judging by the Shawna video I'd say the guys that said they wanted to hook up with her are going to be very disappointed.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
So far I like this cast. The fact that there's a bunch of eye-candy doesn't hurt! I found the Survivor Thailand cast to be annoying and incredibly unlikeable. By the half-way point of last season I was praying for it to end and I was disgusted by the fact that one of these idiots was going to win $1 million.

I'm getting tired of the whole "holier than thou" character. There's at least one in every season. I think these people are cast because religion is such a powder keg they are bound to piss off someone. Too bad that I have Joann in the HTF Survivor pool. She looked rock solid after episode one. After episode two she's hanging by thread. Get her out!

I don't watch the previews of the next episode but I couldn't help peek at the vid clips Patrick posted after seeing the feedback.

Maybe Playboy will do a combo pictorial of Shawna and Heidi!

John Geelan

Screenwriter
The woman tribe looks like it will implode very soon. No organization, no shelter...they look completely lost walking around like zombies in the rain.

If the tribes merge...do ya think the woman left will run into the men's camp with smiles on their faces! :)

Bet they'll never talk ill of men again.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I don't want to offend, but I really have to say it. Why does it seem like every Black woman that they have on this show is really combative and vindictive. Alright, maybe not every one (I guess the one they called "V" who won the million was nice enough) But there was still the one with the finger wave, I think it was in the Outback one. Then there was that one on the last season who complained that the other guy was rubbing against her in her sleep. They apoligized to each other, then she goes slamming him to everyone right after that, then when everyone writes her ramblings off as B.S. she goes bezerk. This Joann girl could have really handled herself better, but this has happened so many times before. So what if the deaf girl called her aversion to the Idol stupid, she just gets right in her face with that handwave. It's just getting old and we've seen it at least three different times

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Your right, what's with all this hand waving.

Even "Downtown Julie Brown" on that other Survivor Show on ABC did the wave the hand thing to another white female contestant.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
The people who cast Survivor must start with people who are openly confrontational and opinionated. Then throw in differences in race, religion and sexual orientation, and you have yourself a powder keg! That's what gets ratings. Survivor is like car racing. We're watching for the crashes!

Can you imagine a whole season filled with a group of Nehleas, Poppys (Marquesas) and Rogers (Outback)? YAWWWWWN!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
How stupid can one person be?

I couldn't believe what was said at Tribal Council when

Daniel spilled the beans about Matthew being his bud, and how Matthew lived in Hong Kong and spoke Mandarin Chinese. The look on Matthew's face was priceless.

I found it funny to see that even Matthew votes to boot Daniel after what he said at Tribal Council.

Dan got the boot 6-1. Pretty sad.

Oh, the bathing scenes of the hotties was pretty entertaining.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I couldn't agree with you more, Patrick. the way Matthews face went from smiling to shock was great. I mean, how stupid can you be to give up a secret like that? Plus, it lets the others know Matthew has been keeping things from them.

The women really have their act together with the challenges. If the men don't stop thinking with the wrong head pretty soon they'll go into the merge vastly outnumbered.

How about Heidi's comment about going topless after the merge? The women obviously know the men are digging them and it gives them the advantage.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I forgot...I loved the editing for the two tribes preparing for the immunity challenge. The women have their game faces on, sharpening the machete, marching music in the background. Meanwhile, the men are sitting around with the magic 8-ball. Too funny.

The bathing scene was pretty good. Shawna was definitely into it. I found it interesting that she was the one saying it was great to be half naked in the Amazon river.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Farewell, Daniel, you blockhead! :D What a goof! I agree, the look on Matt's face said it all.

The bathing the cool although we saw many of the good shots in last week's preview. I chuckled at how eager the Jenna and Shawna were to get undressed. Heidi was the only one to not take her top off, perhaps she is a little self-conscious about her implants? Bet the cameramen got some good sneak peaks during that portion, though!

I'm a little disappointed at how the challenges have been. Not so much that the women are winning the majority of them, but that there have been so few physical ones. It seems the producers are purposely putting more mental challenges in there to give the women a better chance.

It'll be interesting to see in the coming weeks the different ways the male/female angle gets played.

EDIT: Spoiler tags removed.

Kevin Reckelhoff

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a little disappointed at how the challenges have been...but that there have been so few physical ones. It seems the producers are purposely putting more mental challenges in there to give the women a better chance.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I must say, I'm happy that these guys are losing. I mean seriously, they are thinking completely with their d**ks (at least the younger guys) Trying to act all cool and suave during the challenges. They even pointed out that the Chinese guy blew his turn so he could strike up a conversation with Heidi. They really seem to be thinking in their mind that when they merge they really are going to get to sleep with these women. Besides, are they really all that great looking? Heidi looked and that other model looked as if they got any skinnier, their skeletons would be outside their body. One has a hideous Sideshow Bob/Carrot Top Hair style. The deaf girl has the amazon under her arms. The appointed leader I think should be given a blood test so we can find out if she actually is a woman.

I'm glad they voted out who they did. But I wanted the one who was wearing the green shirt and gave that "Tolerance" speech in Tribal council to go even more. That one annoys the hell out of me. Most of those guys are a disgrace to the Male Gender anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks