What's new

***Official Outlaw 950 Manual now available Thread *** (1 Viewer)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Administrative Note
Since Bob and I both started parallel Outlaw 950 Manual threads I've taken the liberty of MERGING the threads using a feature available on this board. The two threads are now one, with all postings from both threads appearing in the chronological order of original posting.
Bob got the "scoop" with the first thread by the time stamp so he gets the credit for the origination. This is a very nice feature (merging similar threads) and tonight's postings are a good example of how it can be used to consolidate things without losing any information.
Carry on, gang.

MoG

Stunt Coordinator
Just finished the manual (yes I'm a geek). 950 sounds nice. I found it a bit odd how strongly they emphasize the importance of setting the speaker distances, but only give you one 'distance' for all 4 of the surround speakers.

Also wish they let you store bass and treble settings for each input instead of globally.

However, what i'm still looking for is more info on the Cirrus 7.1 modes. Page 12 describing it uses "processing", "decoding", "post processing" and "Creates a rear surround channel". when talking about the 7.1 modes. I'm assuming Cirrus 7.1 creates 2 distinct(discrete) rear channels, but doesn't anyone know for sure?

Are these the options for 6.1 or 7.1 sound:

DD w/DD EX (6.1)

DD EX (6.1)

DTS ES (6.1)

DD w/Cirrus (7.1)

Thanks.

J

John Morris

I'm assuming Cirrus 7.1 creates 2 distinct(discrete) rear channels, but doesn't anyone know for sure?
MoG: As far as I can tell, CES does not do discrete rear center channels. I might be wrong about this, since the 950 is capable of producing 7.1 discrete channels, but I haven't been able to discern any differences between my center rears while using CES modes. It may be that I just haven't tried it on the correct discs yet?

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
FYI ... I just noticed a new link over on the Outlaw Saloon, once the new subdomain propogates across the Internet, the preferred URL to download the Model 950 manual will be:
Link Removed
Until then it can still be accessed via the direct IP address above. :)

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
WOW,I just spent about 40 minutes going thru the manual and it actually makes sense!!!Please understand this is coming from a Denon receiver owner.I'm not as dumb as I thought;)

Jim Prillaman

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't had a chance to read much of the manual yet, but it does look pretty clear and coherent. Of course, one thing that particularly impressed me on the 1050 and 750 was the quality of the manuals (especially after trying to read the manual for Sony's RM-AV2100 remote, shudder).

J

John Morris

With what I've read so far, I too think that Outlaw has done a wonderful job on this Manual. It is considerably harder to do a manual on a product which is produced outside of the US due to the language translations needed. Outlaw didn't need to do any translations on their amps, since they are made in the USA.

J

John Morris

Brandon: I just printed out a few pages... no problemo. This manual is very graphic intensive though and so you may have problems if your printer doesn't have alot of onboard memory. Try printing out 5 pages at a time to see if that works.

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
Brandon,

What version of Acrobat Reader are you using? Some folks using v3.01 reported problems over on the Outlaw Saloon. I'm running v4.05 and have no problems viewing, nor printing, it.

Brandon B

Second Unit
It's nothing like that. The graphics print fine. First several attempts crashed Acrobat. First time it actually came out of the printer, everything in the whole maual using fonts was gibberish with layout errors. Went and downloaded reader 5 instead of 4, now I just get a string of errors and it won't print at all. Obviously, it's something with my sytem though.

Views just fine.

Thanks

BB

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
I'm having a problem also. I get a printer error after page 8, heavy graphics. I'll try printing a few pages at a time.:frowning:

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
RAF,

Thank you for the clarification on the remote. I was sure it would have that ability but couldn't see how it worked. It looks like the remote should be quite nice.

Brandon B

Second Unit
I got pages 1-13 to print ok, but 14 and on will not work on my machine, leaves the text out of the graphics, boogers up my computer, etc.

I had my work-neighbor print it out from his PC. no sweat. Evidently, this is some sort of issue with Macintosh (NO comments from the peanut gallery).

BB

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
Brandon,
How much memory does that Mac have? What you're describing sure sounds like what insufficient memory on the Windows side does. :frowning:
Regardless, I'm glad you've been able to get a good print. :emoji_thumbsup:

Chris Barker

Auditioning
As the Outlaws update the manual, it would be nice if they could provide a date or notice on their website to alert people to this fact. Then we'll all know when to download and printout a revised copy.
Also, for those doing printouts, you might want to try the program Fineprint which can really save you paper by doing 2 up double sided printouts. I am just a happy user of the program and thought others would enjoy.
see
http://www.fineprint.com
-CB

Scott Pagac

Stunt Coordinator
Brandon...I agree that it sounds like a memory issue, though it may not be a lack of system memory.

Increase the memory allocation to your Acrobat Reader application. If that does not do the trick, increase the allocation to the Print Monitor in your Extensions folder as well.

(To do this, click on the application icon once to highlight it, go to Get Info from the File menu, select Memory from the dropdown menu in the window, and change the Preferred Size.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks