What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
No, they were not fixed, not unless it got a recall.

This review at The Digital Bits explains it, a snippet of the review included, fix that and include both cuts of the film and I would buy it on UHD.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/item/good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-the-50th-se-brd

The negative aspects begin with overall contrast and brightness levels, which in this case, have been dialed up to 11. Shadow detail in some of the darker shots is almost non-existent while black levels are mostly gray in appearance.

However, the most egregious error takes place in the scene wherein Blondie and Tuco are making their way across the river to the cemetery. This was always meant to be an early morning scene of sorts, I realize that, but beginning with the moment that they wake up and the moment they reach the other side, it has been aggressively color graded with much more blue pumped into it. It’s completely jarring as it doesn’t resemble anything that comes before or after it. Even more jarring is the fact that in the very next cut of Blondie and Tuco making their way up the hill, the picture returns to its normal palette.

Completely disagree. I watched it myself and thought it was a terrific presentation. Other reviews and collectors have also given this release high phrase. it doesnt looked over pumped with blue to me. Once people get too anal and nit-picky about a scene in a movie, there really isnt anything to debate about so I will be politely see I agree to disagree and leave it at that.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
This coming Friday will be the final time I’ll be posting as the studio insider and I’ll be leaving the company soon after. Going ahead Kino Lorber Insider will be posting upcoming announcements/updates/sales and will answer questions whenever possible.

It’s been lots of fun and I’ll miss my interactions with the good people at this forum.

Scott

Your posts were the main reason I visited this page. I hope the new person can be as insightful as you have been
(can I have your user ID now ?? :D j/k)

tledford

Auditioning
Real Name
Tony
This coming Friday will be the final time I’ll be posting as the studio insider and I’ll be leaving the company soon after. Going ahead Kino Lorber Insider will be posting upcoming announcements/updates/sales and will answer questions whenever possible.

It’s been lots of fun and I’ll miss my interactions with the good people at this forum.

Scott
Thank you so much for all the great information you've provided for so long, Scott. Best of luck with whatever you do next.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Completely disagree. I watched it myself and thought it was a terrific presentation. Other reviews and collectors have also given this release high phrase. it doesnt looked over pumped with blue to me. Once people get too anal and nit-picky about a scene in a movie, there really isnt anything to debate about so I will be politely see I agree to disagree and leave it at that.
The review above has many positive things to say about the release, it just mentions some errors which could be fixed, i am not looking for debate, just wanted to ask Kino to fix the issues for any UHD release, that digital bits reviewer knows his stuff and has a calibrated display, I trust him.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Scott:

Thank you so much for keeping us so well informed about Kino's releases and for your patience in dealing with those who have been "less than courteous" in their interactions with you. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member

Scott

Very sorry to hear that. I wish you well on whatever path you're taking. You will be missed and I must say you've had the patience of Job dealing with the constant questions ("Is this coming?", "Do you have the rights to ...?" etc.). I hope you successor is as patient.

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn

Scott
Thank you ..............all the best to you ...................

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
I'll echo everyone here, Scott. You've been terrific to all us catalog DVD/BD enthusiasts at every one of your stops. We hope you'll stick around here as a poster.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

The Way West (1967)
Starring Kirk Douglas, Robert Mitchum, Richard Widmark, Sally Field, Lola Albright, Katherine Justice, Jack Elam and Harry Carey Jr. - Shot by William H. Clothier (The Man Shot Liberty Valance) - Music by Bronislau Kaper (Mutiny on the Bounty) - Directed by Andrew V. McLaglen (The Devil's Brigade).

Poster.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks