What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
PRE-HOLIDAYS SALE CONTINUES!

120 Blu-rays - $6.99 and Up!
Sale Ends November 14th!
Free USA Shipping & Handling - Orders of $50 or more!
Free CANADA Shipping & Handling - Orders of $100 or more!

https://www.facebook.com/KinoLorberStudioClassics/

Nov_sale.jpg

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
KLSC POST ELECTION DAY POLL ON FACEBOOK!

Should we release THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY on 4K-UHD?

• The release would ONLY include the Extended 179 minute cut
• The master would be the current unaltered MGM 4K master
(Previously released on Blu-ray 10/7/14)

Please LIKE for Yes - And select ANGRY for No

https://www.facebook.com/KinoLorberStudioClassics/

View attachment 41670

I don't do Facebook, but yes it should be released UHD. EVery 4K transfer deserves to be released UHD BD. Just like every HD transfer that isn't available on BD shouldn't be confined to a SD DVD release.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
MisterLime, will Kino be releasing the extraordinary t.v. film THE DAY AFTER (the most-watched t.v. movie ever at the time), which was an ABC Circle film broadcast on ABC? If so, can it access the commentary track found on the Image laser disc? Many thanks.

Reactions: PMF

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is released on UHD can they please fix some of the contrast and brightness issues and maybe give us both versions of the film.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
They were fixed up and its far superior to the yellow MGM release.
No, they were not fixed, not unless it got a recall.

This review at The Digital Bits explains it, a snippet of the review included, fix that and include both cuts of the film and I would buy it on UHD.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/item/good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-the-50th-se-brd

The negative aspects begin with overall contrast and brightness levels, which in this case, have been dialed up to 11. Shadow detail in some of the darker shots is almost non-existent while black levels are mostly gray in appearance.

However, the most egregious error takes place in the scene wherein Blondie and Tuco are making their way across the river to the cemetery. This was always meant to be an early morning scene of sorts, I realize that, but beginning with the moment that they wake up and the moment they reach the other side, it has been aggressively color graded with much more blue pumped into it. It’s completely jarring as it doesn’t resemble anything that comes before or after it. Even more jarring is the fact that in the very next cut of Blondie and Tuco making their way up the hill, the picture returns to its normal palette.

Last edited:

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
This coming Friday will be the final time I’ll be posting as the studio insider and I’ll be leaving the company soon after. Going ahead Kino Lorber Insider will be posting upcoming announcements/updates/sales and will answer questions whenever possible.

It’s been lots of fun and I’ll miss my interactions with the good people at this forum.

Scott

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
This coming Friday will be the final time I’ll be posting as the studio insider and I’ll be leaving the company soon after. Going ahead Kino Lorber Insider will be posting upcoming announcements/updates/sales and will answer questions whenever possible.

It’s been lots of fun and I’ll miss my interactions with the good people at this forum.

Scott

Hopefully going on to bigger and better things, minus the few squabbles, Scott, you have been one of if not the first post that i come to when coming to the forum. Your presence will definitely be missed, Thank You for all the information, and hopefully Kino will try to find someone capable to fill those shoes who is as passionate about the releases and information as you have been.

again,
Thank YOU!

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip

Should we release THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY on 4K-UHD?
Kino and 4K - the brave new frontier that I wholeheartedly support. Brave, also, because of all of the hair splitting posts that took place prior to KL's release of GBU on BD. Hopefully the voting idea will assuage the naysayers from earlier in the year. Kino has done their bid. Let's go forward with another 4K/UHD catalog title; as this is a case where The Perfection, The Definitive and The Nirvana may realistically or financially be always out of reach. And, I might add, through no faults of Kino, either.

Christopher McG

Stunt Coordinator

Scott

Thank you very much for your work here, and Godspeed on your future endeavors!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

Scott
It has been great having you post here Scott. I bought a whole lot of releases from Kino thanks to your informative posts.

Good luck to you in the future.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot

Scott

Sorry to see you go. Will think of you the next time I watch The Third Man, but I hope you're not like Harry Lime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks