What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
We don't allow name-calling and labeling of people here!
Dear Robert ... many thanks for your calmly stated rejoinder. One of the great joys of the Home Theater Forum is that it is what that title says, no more and no less. Name calling and politics have taken over so much of the internet that this is one
of the few places we can just discuss films without any attendant ugliness. Keep up the good work!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
At the risk of being banned or something after all these years, I think that admonishing this reference is a bit over the politically-correct line. I encourage the reading of the Wiki definition above.

Name-calling is name-calling. What is a mild classification to one person can be a pejorative to another.

Our rules our clear. We promote civil discussion on topics on this forum. We do not allow direct attacks on others or any labeling of a political nature. It is unnecessary in terms of the discussion of HT affairs and provides the grease onto the slippery slope which can quickly take us into discussions we do not want to have.

Conduct
10. No personal attacks. We expect all members to treat each other with consideration and respect. While we encourage lively debate, we do not allow personal attacks. This includes direct attacks, such as name-calling, as well as indirect attacks, such as repeated baiting of a member in a provocative or belittling manner. If you believe that you have been subjected to a personal attack, or have witnessed one on another member, please see the section on Dealing with Problems for instructions on how to proceed.

We are not "politically correct." We are "non-political."

And I add that we also have rules about how to address any issues that members might have with the moderating team.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming December 12th on DVD and Blu-ray From Scorpion Releasing!
Distributed by Kino Lorber!

Hard Country (1981) Starring Jan-Michael Vincent, Kim Basinger, Michael Parks, Tanya Tucker, Daryl Hannah, Gailard Sartain, Ted Neeley, Richard Lineback and Richard Moll - Screenplay by Michael Kane (Southern Comfort) - Directed by David Greene (Godspell).

738329226572.jpg

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Hoping for a classic announcement for Christmas, perhaps as recent as CHARLEY, LOVERS AND OTHER STRANGERS and KILLING OF SISTER GEORGE. ( The last title was actually the Christmas attraction at a beautiful 1200 seat theater...and it was X rated then)

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Kino Lorber Studio Releases:
Witness For the Prosecution | Private Life of Sherlock Holmes | Sabata | Scalphunters | Marty | Separate Tables | Paris Blues | Duel At Diablo | Breakheart Pass | Mr. Majestyk | Children’s Hour | The Unforgiven | Cast a Giant Shadow | On the Beach | The Party | What’s New Pussycat | Funny Things Happened on the Way to the Forum | Juggernaut | Across 110th Street | Cotton Comes to Harlem | Great Train Robbery | Meteor | Flesh + Blood | Taras Bulba | Elmer Gantry | Run Silent, Run Deep | Young Savages | Bloody Mama | True Confessions | Mulholland Falls | Topkapi | Billion Dollar Brain | First Power | Jennifer | Last Embrace | Married to the Mob | Desperately Seeking Susan | Naked Face | Gorky Park | To All a Goodnight | Planet of the Vampires | Man of the West | Viva Maria | More Dead Than Alive | Sam Whiskey | White Lightning | Gator | Drum | Coming Home | Pocketful of Miracles | Long Goodbye | Thieves Like Us | Witness to Murder | Emerald Forest | The Package | The Offence | Hickey & Boggs | Quatermass Xperiment | Missouri Breaks | Buffalo Bill and the Indians | Avenging Force | Running Scared | River’s Edge | Foxes | Falcon and the Snowman | At the Earth’s Core | Russians Are Coming The Russians Are Coming | F.I.S.T. | 52 Pick-Up | Ten Seconds to Hell | Cult of the Damned | At War with the Army | Cover Up | Tales of Terror | Buona Sera, Mrs. Campbell | Woman of Straw | Late For Dinner | Convoy | Thunderbolt and Lightfoot | Wild At Heart | Wicked Lady | Barquero | White Buffalo | The Train | Secret Invasion | McKenzie Break | They Call Me Mister Tibbs | The Organization | Premature Burial | X: The Man with X-Ray Eyes | Enter the Ninja | Revenge of the Ninja | River of Death | Kings of the Sun | Invitation to a Gunfighter | An Eye For An Eye | Hero and the Terror | Judgment at Nuremberg | Inherit the Wind | F/X | Onion Field | Malice | The Land That Time Forgot | The Boys in the Band | Sugar Hill | Island of Dr. Moreau | Needful Things | Cops and Robbers | Bank Shot | Harry in Your Pocket | Crimson Cult | Deranged | Truck Turner | Report to the Commissioner | Blown Away | Rush | Life Stinks | Real Men | Madhouse | Black Sabbath (AIP) | House of 1,000 Dolls | Monte Walsh | Prime Cut | Miracle Mile | Cherry 2000 | Zone Troopers | Foreign Intrigue | He Ran All the Way | Storm Fear | Big House, U.S.A. | War-Gods of the Deep | Monster That Challenged the World | Still of the Night | January Man | Diggstown | Couch Trip | Face to Face | Navajo Joe | A Reason to Live, A Reason to Die | Town Called Hell | Burn, Witch, Burn | Reivers | Revengers | British Noir Set | Vigilante Force | Defiance | Honey Pot | Hornet's Nest | House of the Long Shadows | Hidden Agenda | Unforgettable | Billy Two Hats | Moby Dick | Busting | Destructors | The Satan Bug | Lisa | Support Your Local Sheriff | Support Your Local Gunfighter | Young Billy Young | Man with the Gun | Wonderful Country | Savage Weekend | Burnt Offerings | Bad Man's River | Captain Apache | Scissors | Malone | Company Business | Shattered | Oblong Box | Slam Dance | Modern Girls | Heart of Midnight | Lilies of the Field | I Want to Live! | Wanda Nevada | Spikes Gang | Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine | Dr. Goldfoot and the Girl Bombs | Bullet For Joey | Pitfall | House on Carroll Street | Hurricane | Devil's Disciple | Child is Waiting | Incredible Two-Headed Transplant | Twice Told Tales | Robbers' Roost | Gunfight at Dodge City | Fort Massacre | Welcome to L.A. | Love at Large | Queen of Blood | FX2 | Fourth War | Remo Williams | Delta Force 2 | Salaam Bombay | Siege of Firebase Gloria | Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw | Crooked Way | Phantom From 10,000 Leagues | Yongary, Monster From the Deep | Valentino | Hotel New Hampshire | Spellbinder | Two For the Seesaw | Captive City | Knack... and How to Get It | Bed Sitting Room | How I Won the War | Figures in a Landscape | Highway to Hell | Up the Creek | I'm Gonna Git You Sucka | Delirious | Gorp | Passage | Challenge | Curse of the Faceless Man | Beachhead | Ambush Bay | Pauline at the Beach | GOG 3-D | Cop | Rosary Murders | Transformations | Vikings | When Eight Bells Toll | Monster Dog |After the Fox | War Between Men and Women | Black Sleep | Donovan's Brain | Journey to the Seventh Planet | Purple Plain | Gallant Hours | Shadows in an Empty Room | Panic in Year Zero | Holcroft Covenant | Ulee's Gold | File of the Golden Goose | Miracle Beach | Ant and the Aardvark | The Inspector | Crazy Legs Crane | Steele Justice | Assassination | Kiss Before Dying | Solarbabies | Manhattan Project | Back Roads | Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane | Candy | Who is Harry Kellerman… | Killer Force | The Chase | Film Noir: The Dark Side of Cinema Set | People That Time Forgot | Something Big | Gold | Magnetic Monster | 99 River Street | Hidden Fear | Shield For Murder | Tijuana Toads | Roland and Rattfink | Really Weird Tales | Taking of Pelham One Two Three | Absolution | Ox-Bow Incident | Yellow Sky | Invisible Invaders | Where's Poppa? | Cuba | Five Miles to Midnight | Deadline U.S.A. | Mark of Zorro | Rawhide | Cariboo Trail | Canadian Pacific | Whoever Slew Auntie Roo | Eleni | 3 Bad Men | Chandu the Magician | Modesty Blaise | American Dreamer | My Bodyguard | Grandview, U.S.A. | Daddy Long Legs | Road House | Gunsmoke: One Man's Justice | The Rift | Fixed Bayonets | Enemy Below | Table For Five | Beware! The Blob | Haunted Honeymoon | Adventure of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother | Cabo Blanco | Earth Dies Screaming | Chosen Survivors | Astro-Zombies | Fuzz | Laughing Policeman | Trouble Man | The Pit | Wolf Lake | Boy on a Dolphin | Beautiful Blonde From Bashful Bend | I Wake Up Screaming | Battle of the Sexes | I, the Jury | Western Union | Daisy Kenyon | Boomerang | House on 92nd Street | Cry of the City | Man on Fire | Undying Monster | 100 Rifles | DePatie/Freleng Collection 1 | Finders Keepers | Biggles: Adventures in Time | Luna | Something For Everyone | Neptune Factor | Doomwatch | Park is Mine | Moving Violations | Man Called Noon | Bad Girl | The Lodger | Porky's II & Porky's Revenge | Man Facing Southeast | Stryker | Loophole | Who? | Internecine Project | Scavenger Hunt | Unholy Four | David and Bathsheba | Sicilian Clan | No Highway in the Sky | Prince of Foxes | What a Way to Go | One Million Years BC | Gunsmoke: The Long Ride | 23 Paces to Baker Street | Deluge | No Retreat, No Surrender | A*P*E (3-D) | Framed | Compulsion | The Skull | Man Who Could Cheat Death | The Stud | The Bitch | Certain Fury | Lifeboat | A Game of Death | Invisible Ghost | Chamber of Horrors | Teen Witch | ZPG | They're Playing with Fire | Dakota | The Wanderers | The Crucible | Tristan & Isolde | Farewell to Arms | Broken Arrow | Sunset in the West | The Scar | Mephisto Waltz | The Migrants | Don't Give Up the Ship | Daredevils of the Red Circle | Papa's Delicate Condition | Pied Piper | Those Daring Young Men with their Jaunty Jalopies | The Optimists | Making Contact | Adios Sabata | Return of Sabata | Marjorie Morningstar | Indian Fighters | Those Redheads From Seattle (3-D) | How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying | World of Henry Orient | The Sheik | Blue Racer | Sheriff Hoot Kloot | Tough Guys | One, Two, Three | Paradine Case | 1492: Conquest of Paradise | Zaza | Brannigan | Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia | From Noon Till Three | Hound of the Baskervilles | Runaway Train | 8 Million Ways to Die | Thunderbirds Are Go | Thunderbird 6 | Hell in the Pacific | The Apple | Curse of the Pink Panther | Son of the Pink Panther | Inspector Clouseau | My Favorite Brunette | Road to Rio | Road to Bali | Lemon Drop Kid | Son of Paleface | Shalako | Hunting Party | Star Crystal | Star Slammer | Freeway | Last of the Finest | No Man's Land | Coronet Blue | Silkwood | Night People | Good Son | Devil's Brigade | Frankie and Johnny | Clambake | Good, Bad & Ugly | Duel in the Sun | Barton Fink | Beggars of Life | Prizzi's Honor | They Shoot Horses Don't They | Birthday Party | Custer of the West | Krakatoa, East of Java | Visit to a Small Planet | Tobor the Great | Adventures of Captain Marvel | Love with the Proper Stranger | Red Line 7000 | Funny Bones | Long Riders | Dimension 5 | Cyborg 2087 | SpaceCamp | OSS 117: Collection | Stone Cold Dead | City of Industry | The Ambassador | Original Gangstas | Take the Money and Run | Avanti | Flamingo Kid |

Coming Soon:

10/17 Rawhead Rex | Rolling Vengeance 10/24 Night Angel | Portrait of Jennie | The Indian Runner 10/31 Junior Bonner | Cannon for Cordoba | Young Doctors in Love 11/7 Death Rides a Horse (BD) | The Mercenary 11/14 Nightkill | This World, Then the Fireworks | China Moon | Man Who Died Twice | The Last Laugh 11/21 The Burning Bed | Cease Fire! (3-D) | I'll Be Seeing You | Since You Went Away | Driftwood | Hangover Square (BD) | Fritz Lang: The Silent Films (12-Disc Set) 11/28 Woman in Red | The Wrong Guy | High Commissioner | Cop-Out 12/5 Whales of August (30th Anniversary Special Edition) | Not as a Stranger (BD) | Inspector Maigret | Maigret and the St. Fiacre Case 12/12 Code of Silence | Platoon Leader / Soldier Boyz - Dudikoff Double Feature | Legend of the Lost (BD) 12/19 Valdez is Coming (BD) | The Kentuckian (BD) | Four Faces West 1/2 Executioner's Song (Both Cuts) (BD) |

Coming 2018
:
The Big Country | Blame it on Rio (BD) | Covered Wagon | Farmer's Daughter | A Fistful of Dollars | For a Few Dollars More | It's the Old Army Game | Legend of Hillbilly John | Lion in Winter (BD) | Manhandled | The Master (Complete Series) | The Maze (3-D) | Old Ironsides | Outer Limits (Seasons 1) | Outer Limits (Seasons 2) | Reincarnation of Peter Proud | Running Wild | Sinbad of the Seven Seas | The Soldier | Special Delivery | Spiral Staircase | Stagestruck | Stingaree | Taking of Beverly Hills | Thomas Crown Affair (1968) | Woman in the Window |

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon!
First Time on DVD and Blu-ray!
Brand New HD Master from a 4K Scan by Paramount Pictures Archives!

Highway Dragnet (1954) Starring Richard Conte, Joan Bennett, Wanda Hendrix, Reed Hadley and Mary Beth Hughes - Co-Produced by Roger Corman (Premature Burial) - Directed by Nathan Juran (The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, 20 Million Miles to Earth, First Men in the Moon, Jack the Giant Killer)

Highway_dragnet_poster_03.jpg

Carcosa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Barr
Coming Soon!

Highway Dragnet (1954) Starring Richard Conte, Joan Bennett, Wanda Hendrix, Reed Hadley and Mary Beth Hughes - Co-Produced by Roger Corman (Premature Burial) - Directed by Nathan Juran (The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, 20 Million Miles to Earth, First Men in the Moon, Jack the Giant Killer)

View attachment 40776

Paramount Pictures Archives.....very swell!

Don't see that it's been asked, but any chance of SECRET OF THE INCAS in the queue?

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Coming Soon!

View attachment 40776

Looking forward to this - anything with Mary Beth Hughes is a buy for me.

MisterLime, any chance of you releasing the Michael Shayne (Nolan) films on blu-ray?

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

The Wilby Conspiracy (1975) Starring Sidney Poitier, Michael Caine, Nicol Williamson, Prunella Gee, Saeed Jaffrey, Persis Khambatta and Rutger Hauer - Shot by John Coquillon (Straw Dogs) - Edited by Ernest Walter (The Haunting) - Art Direction by John Hoesli (2001: A Space Odyssey) - Production Design by Harry Pottle (You Only Live Twice) - Music by Stanley Myers (The Deer Hunter) - Directed by Ralph Nelson (Lilies of the Field, Charly).

003d68a0.jpg

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
The Wilby Conspiracy is an excellent film. Nicol Williamson makes an outstanding “heavy” and the two leads are very convincing. This should make an excellent Blu.
Thank you to Kino/ Mr. Lime for making it available.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
The Wilby Conspiracy is an excellent film. Nicol Williamson makes an outstanding “heavy” and the two leads are very convincing. This should make an excellent Blu.
Thank you to Kino/ Mr. Lime for making it available.

I agree completely. I bought the very good DVD when it first came out and I saw the film on its original release. Obviously the political situation in South Africa today is totally different, but a really good film is a really good film, despite changing circumstances.

The Wilby Conspiracy does not have much of a reputation or fan base, but I recommend this film to anyone who likes a well-made film with a first-rate cast.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Would that work for preorders, I wonder?

Short of Kino doing a sale in November, under $11 a piece is going to be hard to beat for Since You Went Away and I'll Be Seeing You (My next Kino purchases). Edit: They're not listed, so I guess not.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Would that work for preorders, I wonder?

Short of Kino doing a sale in November, under $11 a piece is going to be hard to beat for Since You Went Away and I'll Be Seeing You (My next Kino purchases).
Typically it will work for pre-orders IF THEY ARE PART OF THE SALE - the titles that are on sale have a special KINO Logo attached...
DVD-KinoBOGO-0929-Rhero.jpg

A few caveats - if it says it's on backorder it may not be available ... also If you buy items with different pricepoints the items with the lowest pricepoints will be free -- regardless of the order that you put them in your cart ... you can work around this by placing several orders (adding another non-Kino bluray eg to make the free shipping)

A quick check indicates that those two titles are NOT part of the sale ... but there are some great values to be had - Free Shipping to the US over $25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks