What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
COMING IN JULY ON BLU-RAY & DVD! - BRAND NEW 2015 HD MASTER!

MADHOUSE (1974) STARRING HORROR LEGENDS VINCENT PRICE, PETER CUSHING, ROBERT QUARRY and ADRIENNE CORRI - DIRECTED BY JIM CLARK - BASED ON THE ANGUS HALL NOVEL "DEVILDAY".

Attachments

• madHousePoster.jpg
    madHousePoster.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 41

Mike2287

Grip
Real Name
Mike
MisterLime said:
COMING IN JULY ON BLU-RAY & DVD! - BRAND NEW 2015 HD MASTER!

MADHOUSE (1974) STARRING VINCENT PRICE, PETER CUSHING, ROBERT QUARRY & ADRIENNE CORRI - DIRECTED BY JIM CLARK - BASED ON THE ANGUS HALL NOVEL "DEVILDAY".

MisterLime, you know the way to this movie brats heart! July is shaping up to be a fantastic month for Kino!

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
This sure blows away whatever that title was that Scream announced yesterday.. Gun Woman ? WTF is that, nasty Asian horror ?

I just noticed Price looks like he did in House of Wax to a certain degree

Thank you Kino !! :D

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
atfree said:
At the current rate of announcements, we're all going to be very sad when ALL of KLSC's 2015 releases are announced by the end of March and we have nothing to look forward to for the next 9 months! :huh:
Unless they have more deals in place ? Don't think that way , keep it positive !! :D

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
I've been waiting for Vincent Price/Peter Cushing Madhouse, and I'm happy to see this announcement.

Now, I know that House of the Long Shadows is a poor movie, but if released in HD I would buy it for the Price/Cushing/Lee/Carradine combo -- House of the Long Shadows looks so bad on home video that I've never watched the whole movie.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Im just glad MGM has decided to sublicense their library like this since they obviously aren't interested in the movies or so it seems..

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Brandon Conway said:
I'm probably the only one here that is hoping the sci-fi title is one of the 90s films and is no less than Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey :D
I'm starting to believe that maybe the sci-fi could be the 80s film Solarbabies that was recently released on Bluray in Germany.

But i would hope for Spacecamp.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Any chance of THE SAVAGE SEVEN receiving a release? One of the most violent and action-packed "cycle gang" AIP films produced by Dick Clark and directed by Richard Rush. I think it has only seen a VHS release on the short-lived Amazon/MGM VHS tape arrangement years ago.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Volume 2 of Shout's Cult Film Collection contained "Angels from Hell" ... that's the only biker flick contained in the two sets.

I'm very grateful for the release of "The Devil's Eight", a guilty pleasure of mine...a mash-up of "Thunder Road" and "The Dirty Dozen". It's on the Volume 1 set.

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
RBailey said:
Volume 2 of Shout's Cult Film Collection contained "Angels from Hell" ... that's the only biker flick contained in the two sets.

I'm very grateful for the release of "The Devil's Eight", a guilty pleasure of mine...a mash-up of "Thunder Road" and "The Dirty Dozen". It's on the Volume 1 set.
I obviously confused that film for The Savage Seven. My mistake.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
Any chance for Larry Cohen's THE PRIVATE FILES OF J. EDGAR HOOVER? If so, please get a commentary with him. I saw him a few years back at a screening for Q and he spent time talking fondly about this. He's one of the few filmmakers I can stand to listen to anymore. He's a national treasure of independent filmmaking, IMO.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Curious if any of the AIP style cult and horror titles might show up in KINO-CULT as downloads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks