What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
From the Director of "The Onion Field" - Coming in June only on Blu-ray!

MALICE (1993) Starring ALEC BALDWIN, NICOLE KIDMAN, BILL PULLMAN, BEBE NEUWIRTH, GEORGE C. SCOTT, ANNE BANCROFT, PETER GALLAGHER, JOSEF SOMMER, TOBIN BELL & GWYNETH PALTROW - Directed by HAROLD BECKER.

Attachments

• Malice-7e65320f.jpg
    Malice-7e65320f.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 70

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Reggie W said:
A good MGM title I'd like to see come to blu-ray is:

Great performances from Walken and Penn in this nasty little crime film.
Not a Kino title.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Reggie W said:
A good MGM title I'd like to see come to blu-ray is:

attachicon.gif
At close Range.gif

Great performances from Walken and Penn in this nasty little crime film.
This is coming from Twilight Time! ;)

(hopefully with an isolated score)

-I think that rumour has come from someone asking if a few titles were being released, including that one and Miami Blues, and TT saying that they would be releasing a couple of the requested titles (that doesn't mean they're releasing Miami Blues, btw?!)

TT: No, we don't have Miami Blues, and we can't remember what the other titles were...!

-There was a question a while back regarding Cutter's Way, At Close Range and Miami Blues. It was indicated 2 of those 3 were coming.

TT: Well, 2 out of 3 then.
https://www.facebook.com/twilighttimemovies/posts/845248482160486

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The June release of F/X2 has been postponed. F/X will still be be released on June 9th - A new street date for F/X2 will be announced soon.

Attachments

• fx2.jpg
    fx2.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 71

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Yeah I know, but just sayin' .. its only a few more months, but at the same time, its still a few more months :3dglasses: :D

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
David Steigman said:
Yeah I know, but just sayin' .. its only a few more months, but at the same time, its still a few more months :3dglasses: :D

So, in the meantime, any hints of the non-Godard 3D? Decade? Genre? ^_^

calvinm

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Calvin
It would be cool if Kino could release 3x3D or, at least, include the Godard segment as an extra on Goodbye to Language. Basically I'd like more Godard.

I see discussion of silent film a couple of pages back. My most wanted Kino upgrade would have to be Sir Arne's Treasure - a true masterpiece that seems to be under appreciated.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yami said:
I see discussion of silent film a couple of pages back. My most wanted Kino upgrade would have to be Sir Arne's Treasure - a true masterpiece that seems to be under appreciated.
Can it really be a true masterpiece if its under appreciated? :) If we setup a poll asking everyone to vote for a current "Kino Silent" to be restored in HD, where would Sir Arne's Treasure end up on that poll. We all have a film or films we're passionate about, I'll check and see if there are any plans for an HD release of the film.

calvinm

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Calvin
MisterLime said:
Can it really be a true masterpiece if its under appreciated? :) If we setup a poll asking everyone to vote for a current "Kino Silent" to be restored in HD, where would Sir Arne's Treasure end up on that poll. We all have a film or films we're passionate about, I'll check and see if there are any plans for an HD release of the film.
That's very true, thanks Mr. Lime :)

To respond to your question, while I am occasionally guilty of using the term 'masterpiece' too liberally (Kino themselves call the film a "masterwork"), I don't think there's any relation between merit and popularity. To discuss it on depth would certainly be off topic, but popularity is unarguably influenced by availability and great films don't necessarily have good distribution (just take a look at Kino's very own Goodbye to Language, which was struggling to find theatres to show it, though I'll admit that that is decidedly niche). It's difficult for a film to build up a fan base to compare with the recognised, canonical silent films like the Griffiths, Langs, Murnaus etc. when it's only been available for a fraction of the time and there's far less critical discussion to encourage viewers to pick it up over the works of those aforementioned filmmakers.

I realise that there are different opinions on this though; I know some people think that the "true masterpieces" (as I perhaps hastily termed Sir Arne) are the films that bubble to the surface regardless of any external factors that may oppose them

JeffT.

Deceased Member
el_collar_de_la_muerte_1962.jpg

How about a quality bluray release of the German-produced Krimi classic SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE DEADLY NECKLACE (1962) starring the great Christopher Lee utilizing a newly restored and digitally remastered anamorphic widescreen (enhanced for 16x9 tvs) video transfer?

If a theatrical English language widescreen print is not available then possibly the original widescreen German version with English subtitling could be a possibility.

Kino Lorber is the only home video outlet that can be (reasonably) approached on such a unique request so I am hoping for the best.

Please bring us an exacting edition of SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE DEADLY NECKLACE (1962) on bluray!

Thank you.

Jeff T.

:D

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
COMING IN JULY FROM Kino Lorber Studio Classics - ON BLU-RAY & DVD - JONATHAN KAPLAN'S TRUCK TURNER (1974) STARRING ISAAC HAYES, YAPHET KOTTO, NICHELLE NICHOLS, CHARLES CYPHERS, DICK MILLER & SCATMAN CROTHERS

SPECIAL FEATURES:
• BRAND NEW AUDIO COMMENTARY BY DIRECTOR JONATHAN KAPLAN
• "TRAILERS FROM HELL" WITH ERNEST DICKERSON
• ORIGINAL THEATRICAL TRAILER

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-03 at 1.11.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-03 at 1.11.58 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks