What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Odd iMessage Problem (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I'm sitting at my iMac texting my wife's iPhone. She's getting what I send and I get her replies only on my iPhone, but not on the Mac. I had been receiving her texts on the Mac just fine, until today.

Any ideas why this is happening?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I've encountered all variations on this problem: messages going to some devices and not others. Even after fixing the problem, I'm not sure I knew the cause or the fix. In some cases I think it's just iMessages is buggy and then it fixes itself.

Here are things to try:
1) On the device in question, check the Accounts that are associated with the person. On iOS, in the Settings App, go to Messages->Send & Receive. In OS X, in the Messages app, open Preferences and click the Accounts (@) tab. Confirm that all addresses used are listed. This is likely at least a phone number and an email address. Also check that the "Start new conversations from" has your desired default. I've seen the info get wiped out after an OS update, messages start getting lost, and re-adding the contact into fix things.

2) Quit and Relaunch

3) Reboot

4) Apple Tech Support. I've encountered some deep weirdness once before regarding an iCloud issue. I called Tech Support, spent a couple hours on the phone with them, and got it fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrharris
Recent bookmarks