What's new

Disney+ Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022) (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I take it that Darth Vader will be appearing in this series? I also take it that James Earl Jones was signed on to voice him?

I would hate to think that perhaps they went cheap and Gilbert Gottfried voiced the character before his death. :)
I haven't seen confirmation one way or the other but since Jones has voiced Vader in Rogue One and even a few episodes of the animated Rebels series, I'd expect to hear him here too.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Interesting bit about Obi-Wan as relates to The Rise of Skywalker:

I was never a fan of the Jedi's prohibition on marriage and having children. I would have liked to see a story that showed that tenet's failure and change in the Jedi order. It made the Jedi too monk-like, and unrelatable -- not to mention it encouraged those like Anakin to live in secret, with disastrous results.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
The sequel is rumored to be called: Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

and might get revealed at next week's SW Celebration.

Ewan McGregor actually talks about the Jedi: Fallen Order video game in that interview above, which is very cool, and shows that he’s apparently staying informed about the wider Star Wars-canon and tie-ins/spinoffs in other media, and not just his own particular TV show.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
1653474753790.png

Clark Green

BANNED
Real Name
Clark Green
Stoked to watch this. Plus we have Stranger Things all in the same timeframe! Going to be breaking the internet jamming in all these shows!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Sweet!

I rewatched the prequels this week and it was fantastic. I always love those films but it’s the first time in nearly 20 years that I’ve watched them where I knew there was more Ewan Obi-Wan around the corner - it made them feel a little more alive and relevant like they were new again.

I have a lot of stuff going on during the day tomorrow but I am still considering waiting up until 3am to watch the premiere tonight even knowing I’ll be suffering tomorrow. I really feel like I did in 2005 waiting for Episode III at midnight. I remember walking out of Episode III on such a high because of how much I loved it, but a little sad thinking that this would be the last time I’d see that world onscreen. Getting to go back again feels like a gift.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks