What's new

STAR WARS: RODIAN DOLL by Leslye Headland (Disney+) (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Leslye Headland (RUSSIAN DOLL, SLEEPING WITH OTHER PEOPLE, TERRIERS) will write and act as showrunner for a female-centric Star Wars series that's set in a different part of the timeline than other projects.

Very interesting. Female-centric surely won't cause any toxic backlash from the fans...

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Sounds good to me. Hey, with the Mandalorian, Cassian, and Kenobi series, that’s three male-centric shows. Why not a female-centric one?

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Agreed. This has me pretty excited, truth be told. Absolutely loved Russian Doll, and Headland bringing her unique sensibilities to this universe could be something interesting indeed.

From the red-carpet premiere of Episode IX:

Variety: "Tell me, what kind of STAR WARS fan are you?"

Headland: "I'm the type of STAR WARS fan that doesn't even have a favorite movie. I just want to live in the STAR WARS universe continually, in perpetuity, forever. So when people are like: 'What's you favorite STAR WARS movie?' I'm like: 'There is no STAR WARS movie, there is only STAR WARS.'"

Variety: "So when are you writing a STAR WARS movie?"

Headland: "Oh, please, please Queen, Queen Kathleen Kennedy. *laughs*"

Variety: "You have ideas?"

Headland: "Oh, yes. Oh my gosh, yeah. I think I've had ideas for STAR WARS movies since I was thirteen years old, maybe eight years old."

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Agreed. This has me pretty excited, truth be told. Absolutely loved Russian Doll, and Headland bringing her unique sensibilities to this universe could be something interesting indeed.

From the red-carpet premiere of Episode IX:
I haven't seen Russian Doll but her enthusiasm for the subject of Star Wars is certainly good.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Officially announced today:

"In addition, Emmy®-nominated writer Leslye Headland (Russian Doll, Bachelorette) is currently developing a new untitled Star Wars series for Disney+. Headland will write, executive produce, and serve as showrunner for the series, which adds to a growing list of Star Wars stories for Disney’s streaming platform including The Mandalorian, now in post-production on Season Two, and two other previously announced series: one based on Cassian Andor’s life prior to the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and another following the adventures of Obi-Wan Kenobi between Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: A New Hope."

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Glad to see this confirmed. It's anyone guess when we actually see any of these shows, but it's nice to know they are being worked on.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Amandla Stenberg in discussions for the leading role in SW: The Acolyte:

Hoo boy, a certain toxic-and-not-at-all-racist/misogynist segment of fandom aren't going to have a total meltdown over this, or anything...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks