What's new

Star Wars Rebels Sequel Series Reported (1 Viewer)

tempest21

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Please note that I just became aware of this. But, apparently, Disney + is rumored to be greenlighting a sequel series for Disney + based off the Star Wars Rebels finale that saw Ahsoka Tano and Sabine Wren as they flew off in search of Ezra Bridger. The series is also rumored to feature Grand Admiral Thrawn. The new series is being spearheaded by Dave Filoni, the original producer of The Clone Wars and Rebels. The series is not expected to debut until after the seventh season of The Clone Wars and the debut of the Kenobi Disney + series. The series likely wouldn't debut for another year or two but that it's rumored to be in production.

Here is the video that I came across so I don't know if this is verified or not. If this true, then this is awesome news. We'll finally get to see the final chapter in Sabine Wren's story, that began with The Clone Wars, wrapping up this TV series trilogy.

tempest21

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Well, there are a lot of fans of the Star Wars Rebels series. Honestly? I've always felt that Star Wars Rebels was a true successor to the Star Wars legacy than the sequel trilogy was. While there were scant appearances by Princess Leia, Lando Calrissian, Obi-Wan Kenobi, C3PO and R2D2 ... the series focused more on its original characters; Kanan, Sabine, Ezra, Zeb, Chopper and Hera. It was also cool to see how the Rebellion first started to form, that they were an unorganized group of freedom fighters.

It will be interesting to see how the new series goes and the fact that Dave Filoni is attached to the new series is also a big factor. But, I imagine that the bulk of the series will mainly feature Ahsoka and Sabine and their search for Ezra. When the Rebels series ended, a lot of fans wanted Disney to greenlight a new series to bring Ahsoka's story to a close. The new series, if this information is true, would bring Ahsoka's animated trilogy to a nice close, being that she started out in The Clone Wars.

The one thing I caught a glimpse of (in the video) was a bearded Ezra and I was like WHOA. YES!

The series being a nice catch for Disney + could be what the streaming service needs to retain subscribers.I'm hoping that they don't stick with the 10-13 episode run for each season. Rebels Season two and three had full season runs (22 episodes) where the first season (13 episodes) and the final season (16 episodes). At any rate, it's nice to see that this third animated series is being picked up (I'm optimistic, keep telling yourself that it's coming). Even if we have to wait for another year or two, it will definitely be worth it. I'm hoping they stick with the CGI animation, that's what drew my attention to Rebels in the first place.

I share everyone's enthusiasm for this new series and I can't wait until it premieres. My guess? It'll probably be hinted at at Star Wars Celebration 2020 and the San Diego Comic Con, this coming summer. They were hyping Star Wars Rebels for a year before the series debuted.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It will be interesting to see how the new series goes and the fact that Dave Filoni is attached to the new series is also a big factor.
I'm sure just from having created the characters, Filoni will be a part of the new show but I wonder if he's going to try to stay in live action now and let someone else run the series this time around.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Can you please add spoilers for those of us that haven’t finished Rebels?

tempest21

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
I'm sure just from having created the characters, Filoni will be a part of the new show but I wonder if he's going to try to stay in live action now and let someone else run the series this time around.

Far as Dave Filoni's involvement, I don't expect him to be in a major directing role but that he'll probably be producing the new series, maybe directing a few episodes. For the most part, Filoni acts mainly as producer and figurehead for the animation shows. The one thing I give Lucasfilm credit for is keeping Dave Filoni onboard to manage The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels, Star Wars Resistance. When you have a producer that has done an excellent job at producing the studio's animated ventures, you keep him on board.

Can you please add spoilers for those of us that haven’t finished Rebels?

I won't go too much into it but everyone who has seen the series already knows about the characters and plot developments and that the series ended in 2018 and has been on DVD and Blu-ray for some time now.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I won't go too much into it but everyone who has seen the series already knows about the characters and plot developments and that the series ended in 2018 and has been on DVD and Blu-ray for some time now.
Like I said.... for those of us who haven’t finished it yet.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Why would you want to read a thread about a series that is a sequel to a series you haven't watched yet? I would expect spoilers to be heavy.

tempest21

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Yeah you’re right.

Sorry about the context of my post. When a series has ended years back, it's the assumption that everybody who has already watched the series has already seen it. Generally, from my understanding, spoiler rules are in effect for as long as until the next episode is broadcast. I tend to give three months, using spoiler tags, until it no longer becomes spoiler material.

At any rate, I think this new spinoff has a lot of fans excited. It will probably be announced at the D23 and SDCC this year for release on Disney + in 2021.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks