What's new

Disney+ The Mandalorian (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The new Disney Gallery episode is out, and it's about the season 2 finale of the Mandalorian. And it's great! Just when I thought I'd figured out everything and how they did it all, I see that almost none of it was correct.

Also, Favreau recognizes the potential dangers of Deep Fake and he's even got an idea on how to combat them! (He suggests using blockchain technology to verify the creation and identity of each Deep Fake.)

Can't wait until the Mandalorian comes back!

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The new Disney Gallery episode is out, and it's about the season 2 finale of the Mandalorian. And it's great! Just when I thought I'd figured out everything and how they did it all, I see that almost none of it was correct.

Also, Favreau recognizes the potential dangers of Deep Fake and he's even got an idea on how to combat them! (He suggests using blockchain technology to verify the creation and identity of each Deep Fake.)

Can't wait until the Mandalorian comes back!

Checked that out last night after watching What If? Very interesting with all the decisions and secrecy going into the finale.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Really enjoying The Mandalorian, but am way behind on my viewing. I recently finished watching S02 it was amazing. All of the episodes are excellent, but Episode 13: The Jedi was one of my favorites. I avoid spoilers (including the guest stars) before watching the episode(s) since I want to be genuinely surprised. Some comments/observations:

-Makes sense that the Jedi are not that well-known during this era, since it takes place 5 years after ROTJ. AFAIK, Luke is the only Jedi that's evident during this time. And, I'm not sure how obvious he's making his presence due to the Imperials still being in power in at least some places in the galaxy.

-The fight/battle scenes between Ahsoka & the magistrate's hired guns/robots were incredible. And, the later fight scenes where Ashoka & the Mandalorian teamed up against the Magistrate's forces were even more impressive.

-Predictable (but still great to see) when the gunslinger (Biehn) pretended to put down his weapon and back away, but then ended up going for another side-arm - resulting in the Mandalorian taking him out. Just like a western, which is obviously where the SW films get a lot of their influence. Nice.

-Nice to see Ahsoka Tano in a live-action series. The only other media I remember her in was the cartoons (though, I haven't seen BOBF yet). I immediately recognized her as being played by Rosario Dawson (one of my favorite actresses) - but that may have been more because of her voice rather than the face. Though, the face definitely looked like her too, despite the make-up.

-Ironically, I didn't recognize Michael Biehn at all, even though he wasn't wearing make-up/a helmet/facial prosthetics - despite his being in many of my favorite films back in the day (The Terminator, Aliens, The Abyss, etc.). I guess we're all getting older - LOL.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks