What's new

Disney+ Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022) (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The lightsaber making the Disney logo at the end was great.

Funny they didn't think of using a Jedi lightsaber. They used the evil red lightsaber for the Disney+ logo! :lol:

Last edited:

JasonRoer

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason Roer
Does anyone know if I need to watch Rebels to get the most out of this? I've heard it would be good to screen it first, but given the time commitment, I'd love to know just how important it is.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I had asked earlier about Rebels and the consensus here seems to be that this show will take place before the events of Rebels, which would mean that it would not be necessary to watch it before Obi-Wan.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I had asked earlier about Rebels and the consensus here seems to be that this show will take place before the events of Rebels, which would mean that it would not be necessary to watch it before Obi-Wan.
Yep, that's right.

So, @JasonRoer - Catch up on The Bad Batch instead (just in case) :)
Star Wars Rebels TImeline.png

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if I need to watch Rebels to get the most out of this? I've heard it would be good to screen it first, but given the time commitment, I'd love to know just how important it is.
To build on what Josh said, I'd imagine that anyone who really wants to know more about the Inquisitors but doesn't have time to watch 75 episodes of Rebels in the next three weeks will be able to find a bunch of articles giving some background on the characters around the time that Obi-Wan Kenobi premieres. And I'm positive that anything that the audience needs to know will be in the show so I doubt there will be homework that people have to do for it.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
It was originally synced to the real Star Wars day (May 25) but then they moved it up to May 27 so the people going to Star Wars Celebration can only watch it on a laptop or a shitty hotel TV.
My theory is that they are going to put it on every screen they can find at the convention so people can see it there.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
My theory is that they are going to put it on every screen they can find at the convention so people can see it there.
That seems likely (no doubt there will be a big Obi-Wan panel and they'll tease some Darth Vader footage) but it's still weird to move it to a holiday weekend and to a weekend when some of the biggest fans are going to be away from home and when the show is normally run on Wednesday.

JasonRoer

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason Roer
That seems likely (no doubt there will be a big Obi-Wan panel and they'll tease some Darth Vader footage) but it's still weird to move it to a holiday weekend and to a weekend when some of the biggest fans are going to be away from home and when the show is normally run on Wednesday.
Not to mention it now conflicting with the premiere of Stranger Things Season 4.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Just read too that the
Purge Troopers (from the amazing Jedi: Fallen Order video game) will also be making their live-action debut on Obi-Wan, so that's pretty cool, too. Rumor has it that part of the season will take place on a planet first seen in the Dark Horse Star Wars: Republic comics from way back in 2003 (Jabiim), but that's still unconfirmed at the moment.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I take it that Darth Vader will be appearing in this series? I also take it that James Earl Jones was signed on to voice him?

I would hate to think that perhaps they went cheap and Gilbert Gottfried voiced the character before his death. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks