What's new

No digital sound:dd or dts ???? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Ab

Grip
I was thrilled to get my Onkyo 595 Saturday, but tonight has been a problem. I cannot get it to play dd or dts from my dvd player. I previously owned a pro-logic reciever so this is all totally new to me. I have the connection made with a coax cable between the two and when playing a dvd, the display mode on the dvd player (I mean the audio within the setup menu, not on the face of the player itself) shows the audio to be dolby digital. The reciever is set to the best of my knowledge to coax 1, but the surround mode is dpl 2. My dvd player is a sony s350.

Can anyone give me any pointers to get this going?

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Stupid question: Did you try cycling through the processing modes? On my receiver I can take the digital input and go through Dolby Digital, Pro Logic and some processing modes.

Double check the connections and the output settings in the DVD player. You are getting audio right? Make sure the player is set to pass dolby digital & dts. If you're getting audio with only the digital connection run- then chances are it's something in the DVD setup menu or that you need to switch through the processing modes so it's on Dolby Digital instead of DPLII.

-Vince

Ryan Ab

Grip
I think I have the dts and digital set to be on on the player. I selected the coax input on the reciever. When I rotate thru the surround formats I get the dsp's and dplII. The reciever I guess, is saying its not recieving it for some reason.

Should I unhook my line level left and right wires from the dvd player to know for sure that the audio is coming thru only on the digital coax? I'm not sure how to trouble shoot this.

--Ryan

Ryan Ab

Grip
Ok, I unhooked the left and right audio cables from the dvd player leaving only the video and digital coax hooked up. I selected the digital out of the dvd player on and the recievert to the coax 1. I got no sound at all on the reciever. I also swapped coax inputs on the reciever, swapped out coax cables and still no sound. I hooked up the analog audio outs again to the reciever and I got sound again, only dpl II. I am so lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks