What's new

NHT's new owner (1 Viewer)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Just read that speaker manufacturer NHT has been sold. Recoton Corp has apparently sold NHT to auto audio manufacturer Rockford.
NHT sold

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, $35 million for 2 divisions of Recoton. So NHT actually is worth way less than $35 million. It's kind of surprising. I wonder how much a JBL can fetch?

Phill O

Stunt Coordinator
I always felt that Recoton and NHT where a miss matched pair.
Perhaps Rockford & NHT will be a better marriage. I will be optimistic. Apparently many dealers have dumped the NHT line. I know my local dealer here has hardly any NHT products currently on hand. Maybe that will change.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
I gotta go to a supercrazy high end shop in MPLS to see NHT now. I get nervous around $5000 cd players. Can't...concentrate....

Jay_E

Stunt Coordinator
I always felt that Recoton and NHT where a miss matched pair.
I don't think so. Recton also owns Acoustic Research which is similar to NHT in their product (speaker) offerings. They also own other speaker lines such as Advent and Jensen. It's too bad their selling NHT. I live near Recoton's headquarters and they have a great factory outlet store. There prices are usually less than 50% of retail even for AR and NHT stuff.

Jay

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
It's pretty sad when a company like NHT and AR is judged
by thier parent company (who also happens to own about 50
other large companies)

But I guess I digres.... NHT's product line never suffered
under Recoton's ownership lets hope Rockford can keep them
as successful as they were.

Hap C

Agent
NHT products have historically been superb quality and a very good value as well. The trick for NHT management is to hold all that together while making another new corporate home.
Here's a link to Rockford's corporate net site. Looks to me like NHT fills a big gap in their product line in the US, so this acquisition makes sense for them if the price was right. http://www.rockfordcorp.com/home/

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
Please, I dont want to start seeing NHT at WalMart, NHT has always been a criticaly acclaimed speaker, I for one hope they retain their "Mission Statement".

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Guy,

I highly doubt you will ever see them at WalMart.. Look at
the companies owned under the Rockford Corperation....

Halfer... (I never knew Rockford owned them!)

I am thinking you will probably see NHT at select Rockford
distributors now.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I didn't know MB Quart is owned by Rockford. Besides its stellar reputataion in car audio, some of the most expensive and best performing home audio speakers use MB Quart drivers. Maybe NHT can benefit from being in the same stable as MB Quart.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks