What's new

NFL 2016-17 Regular Season Discussion (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If Romo does get in, he'll probably only last a handful of plays until he gets injured again. The guy's made of papier mache.

Don't understand why Jones is all hot-and-bothered over Romo. When's the last time Romo won 11-12 in a row?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
If the Cowboys bench Prescott for Romo, they deserve to get bounced in their first playoff game. The rookie has played well, and has earned the starting job.

Congratulations, Robert, on your Raiders making the playoffs for the first time since 2002.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Got to hand it to Prescott, the kid stepped up and had one of his best games with the hook hanging over him. That was great stuff from him last night. A very good sign that the guy can play under intense pressure.

Don't understand why Jones is all hot-and-bothered over Romo.

They supposedly have a great relationship and Jones thinks of him like a son. They say he feels bad for Tony because he has worked hard for many years in Dallas and now Prescott steps in and the Cowboys have a team built to win.

I think if Romo could have been healthy this season he would have had the same success as Prescott. It's just a good Dallas team with an excellent running game and offensive line and enough defense to make playing them difficult for any team...except the Giants it seems.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If the Cowboys bench Prescott for Romo, they deserve to get bounced in their first playoff game. The rookie has played well, and has earned the starting job.

Congratulations, Robert, on your Raiders making the playoffs for the first time since 2002.
Thank you. I was watching NFL Ticket, the Chargers/Raiders was played in San Diego and there were more Raider fans than Charger fans. Raider Nation is coming back.:)

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
No, that could never happen. :lol: Anyway, it will take several years before we know which of us is correct on this one. Hopefully we'll both still be here so one of us can say "I told you so". :cheers:
Just to throw my 2 cents in, if, and it is a BIG if, UM does not beat OSU (or somehow win a National Championship without beating Urban) in the next 2 years, the alumni will begin to turn on Jim, and he WILL notice it. At that point he will find a soft landing spot in the NFL.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Two teams decided to go for two points after scoring a touchdown to be one point down late in the fourth quarter yesterday -- both Tennessee (vs. Kansas City) and Philly (vs. Baltimore) failed on their attempts. Although the Titans ended up winning anyway on a last second field goal, I thought their choice to go for two at that point was a poor one. There were still more than 3 minutes left in the game. The moron announcers kept saying Tennessee was "going for the win" -- did they think the NFL would just run off the final 3:12 of the game if they made the 2XP? I thought there was too much time on the clock for the Titans to make that choice.

At least Philly's attempt was right at the end of the game, so they really were "going for the win". As a Steelers fan, I was bummed that they couldn't pull it off, though. A Ravens loss would have just about locked up the division for Pittsburgh.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I was actually hoping the Giants would win because I wanted the Cowboys to stay sharp and have to earn it. I would have liked for my Cowboys not to clinch it all until the last game, but it is what it is.

I just remember the Giants, with nothing to play for in 2011's last game, fighting like hell to keep the Pats from regular-season perfection. They lost that battle but ultimately won the war. And I'll always believe it was because they kept playing hard all the way through.

Here's hoping the Cowboys do too.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Merry Christmas to Raiders fans, a broken fibula to Derek Carr. Anyhow, at least, we made the playoffs this year which ends that terrible streak.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The Browns also ended their winless streak, topping the Chargers. Merry Christmas, Philip Rivers. :D

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Merry Christmas to Raiders fans, a broken fibula to Derek Carr. Anyhow, at least, we made the playoffs this year which ends that terrible streak.
I'm sorry. I really thought the Raiders could give the Pats a run, even at Foxboro. Who knows? Maybe they can still. Really sorry. It was nice to see the Raiders make some noise. I was so ready to see two teams in the AFC championship, one of which wasn't the Pats for a change.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Losing Carr is a huge punch in the gut to the Raiders. They will not be anywhere near the same team without him. You hate to see injuries happen like that, even though we all know it's part of the game.

The 2008 Detroit Lions got to pop the champagne corks last night, as their "perfect" season remains a unique accomplishment. The Browns proved it's just as tough to go 0-16 as it is to finish 16-0.

The Bengals are awful. I don't think they ever recovered from their playoff implosion from last season. They actually almost got a delay of game penalty while running a 2 minute hurry up offense! I have never seen that happen before. I think it's time for Cincy to move on from Marvin Lewis.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Truly I hate injuries. I was really excited to watch Carr and the Raiders in the playoffs and was hoping they would face the Patriots in the AFC Championship game. That could still happen but without Carr in there the game loses a lot of it's luster.

Very disappointed. For Raiders fans like Robert and my brother, it was not a merry Christmas eve.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
That was a great ending to the Pittsburgh - Baltimore game last evening. Antonio Brown's extra effort to get into the end zone was quite a play -- the Steelers lose if he comes up short.

The AFC playoff picture is a lot clearer this morning. All six teams have been determined, with just some seeding to be decided in the final week. The NFC is a lot cloudier, though. The moron announcers keep saying tonight's Detroit - Dallas game is meaningless, but a Lions victory clinches a playoff berth for them -- I wouldn't call that meaningless. Normally I would expect the Lions to lose this game on the road, but there is no telling how motivated the Cowboys will be, or how long they will leave their stars in the game.

It's official that neither team from last year's Super Bowl will be in the playoffs this year.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The Lions are following their familiar pattern of being unable to beat the better teams. In 2014, they made the playoffs with an 11-5 record, but only one of those victories came against a team that finished the season with a winning record. Last season, the media credited the switch to Jim Bob Cooter as the offensive coordinator for the team's better record in the 2nd half of the season, but failed to look at the tough early schedule and easier 2nd half schedule as a possible reason. This season, Detroit has only one victory over a team that currently has a winning record -- Washington. Matt Stafford's career record on the road versus winning teams is abysmal -- both the single win in 2014 and the one this season were at home. He is now 2-25 in his career in road games versus teams that finish the season with a winning record.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Rex Ryan just got fired after one game shy of two years on the job. I don't think Ryan is a good HC, but changing coaches is not the only thing the Bills need to do if they want to fix that team.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks