What's new

Next Hanna-Barbera set? (2 Viewers)

Ken_Martinez

BANNED
Real Name
Ken
The Flinstones has twice as many episodes as Batman and four times as many as Scooby Doo. The Diamond Anniversary version of the complete series crammed as many episodes as possible onto each disc and skipped bonuses, and that still took 20 discs.

Gonna be real interesting to see the disc count.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
The Flinstones has twice as many episodes as Batman and four times as many as Scooby Doo. The Diamond Anniversary version of the complete series crammed as many episodes as possible onto each disc and skipped bonuses, and that still took 20 discs.

Gonna be real interesting to see the disc count.
Actually, "The Flintstones" (1960-66) has 166 Episodes to "Batman '66's" (1966-68) 120 Episodes.

Assuming Warner loads The Flintstones Blu-ray discs similar to Batman's 12 per disc, except the last one for each season, I'm guessing an 18 Blu-ray disc count, based on three per season.

CHEERS! :)

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Actually, "The Flintstones" (1960-66) has 166 Episodes to "Batman '66's" (1966-68) 120 Episodes.

Assuming Warner loads The Flintstones Blu-ray discs similar to Batman's 12 per disc, except the last one for each season, I'm guessing an 18 Blu-ray disc count, based on three per season.

For the sake of picture quality, I am hoping no more than seven episodes per disc.

Seasons 1 and 3 had 28 episodes; this would translate into four discs.

Season 2 had 32 episodes; this would translate into five discs (seven on discs 1-2 and six on discs 3-5).

Seasons 4-6 had 26 episodes; this would translate into four discs (seven on discs 1-2 and six on discs 3-4).

Rounding it up:
Season 1: 28 episodes (4 discs)
Season 2: 32 episodes (5 discs)
Season 3: 28 episodes (4 discs)
Season 4: 26 episodes (4 discs)
Season 5: 26 episodes (4 discs)
Season 6: 26 episodes (4 discs)

We'd have a 25-disc set if a complete series on Blu-Ray.

~Ben

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

I think Ken meant that The Flintstones had twice as many episodes as Batman The Animated series from the 90's. Warner released a box set of that show.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony

For the sake of picture quality, I am hoping no more than seven episodes per disc.

Seasons 1 and 3 had 28 episodes; this would translate into four discs.

Season 2 had 32 episodes; this would translate into five discs (seven on discs 1-2 and six on discs 3-5).

Seasons 4-6 had 26 episodes; this would translate into four discs (seven on discs 1-2 and six on discs 3-4).

Rounding it up:
Season 1: 28 episodes (4 discs)
Season 2: 32 episodes (5 discs)
Season 3: 28 episodes (4 discs)
Season 4: 26 episodes (4 discs)
Season 5: 26 episodes (4 discs)
Season 6: 26 episodes (4 discs)

We'd have a 25-disc set if a complete series on Blu-Ray.

~Ben
While I'll never argue against more discs to promote better visual quality, the BATMAN '66 series PQ doesn't appear to suffer from having 12 half hour (25-26 minutes) episodes per disc to my eyes, at least in the Blu-ray BD-50 GB format. For DVDs, I wholeheartedly agree with keeping the half hour episode count to between 6 and 8 per disc for optimal PQ in that format.

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
I'd say the chances of having a disc count that high are unfortunately near zero.

Last year, WHV crammed all 41 episodes of Scooby-Doo Where Are You! onto four BD-25s, the equivalent of just two BD-50 discs - and consumers bought that set like crazy. It is still ridiculously high in the best selling charts on WBShop. It's above The Jetsons, which was a near perfect release.

If they stick to those cheap ways (and why wouldn't they, because everyone supported it last time), then they would be confident in cramming The Flintstones onto just 9 discs (or 18 BD-25s if they're gonna go full mental) - which would mean a whopping 18 episodes per disc, tons of DNR and as little bitrate as humanly possible. It would also sure as hell mean no sale from me. I passed on Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! because it looked like crap, and if they pull that here also, I'll be passing once again.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I'd say the chances of having a disc count that high are unfortunately near zero.

Last year, WHV crammed all 41 episodes of Scooby-Doo Where Are You! onto four BD-25s, the equivalent of just two BD-50 discs - and consumers bought that set like crazy. It is still ridiculously high in the best selling charts on WBShop. It's above The Jetsons, which was a near perfect release.

If they stick to those cheap ways (and why wouldn't they, because everyone supported it last time), then they would be confident in cramming The Flintstones onto just 9 discs (or 18 BD-25s if they're gonna go full mental) - which would mean a whopping 18 episodes per disc, tons of DNR and as little bitrate as humanly possible. It would also sure as hell mean no sale from me. I passed on Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! because it looked like crap, and if they pull that here also, I'll be passing once again.
10+ Episodes on each BD-25? ZOINKS!!!! :unsure:

tenor.gif

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I was hoping or more unreleased HB shows like Banana Splits, New Adventures of Gulliver, Wildfire, Wait Till Your Father Comes Home season 2, and such. They haven't been released at all.

==jthree

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Does anyone remember watching Yogi's Space Race on NBC? If so, would anyone happen to remember what went down for the title segment and Galaxy Goof-Ups, during the eight weeks when the latter segment was part of the block, if these first two programs had alternating segments that went in this order?
Yogi's Space Race (Act 1)
Galaxy Goof-Ups (Act 1)
Yogi's Space Race (Act 2)
Galaxy Goof-Ups (Act 2)
Each end of act 1 would be punctuated by a short bumper with the announcer saying, "(name of show) will return later."

I do know that what I described above was the case for The Godzilla Power Hour, which went:
Godzilla (Act 1)
Jana of the Jungle (Act 1)
Godzilla (Act 2)
Jana of the Jungle (Act 2)
After being expanded to 90 minutes with the addition of Jonny Quest reruns (hence the re-title to The Godzilla Super 90), the first two segments were then played in full, one at a time.

~Ben

Last edited:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone remember watching Yogi's Space Race on NBC? If so, would anyone happen to remember what went down for the title segment and Galaxy Goof-Ups, during the eight weeks when the latter segment was part of the block, if these first two programs had alternating segments that went in this order?
Yogi's Space Race (Act 1)
Galaxy Goof-Ups (Act 1)
Yogi's Space Race (Act 2)
Galaxy Goof-Ups (Act 2)
Each end of act 1 would be punctuated by a short bumper with the announcer saying, "(name of show) will return later."

I do know that what I described above was the case for The Godzilla Power Hour, which went:
Godzilla (Act 1)
Jana of the Jungle (Act 1)
Godzilla (Act 2)
Jana of the Jungle (Act 2)
After being expanded to 90 minutes with the addition of Jonny Quest reruns (hence the re-title to The Godzilla Super 90), the first two segments were then played in full, one at a time.

~Ben

Interesting Ben I watched it originally and liked the show its one that I really wish WAC would release in its complete 90 minute version. They could easily reuse the opening credits for episodes 9-13 since they were originally intended as 90 minute episodes as well before they broke up the show after episode 8. I am not sure if I still watched it after the original 8. I think I may have watched the hour long version so I can't answer your question but I think you are correct that they broke it up like that. I do remember the original 90 minute format was:
Space Race: Act 1
The Galloping Ghost
Galaxy Goof Ups: complete episode
Buford
Space Race: Act 2

There were several bumpers after each episode telling you to not miss the conclusion of the Space Race.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks