Next Hanna-Barbera set?

Mark Y

Screenwriter
The only thing the Jetsons BR set still does not have in the closing credits is the ABC-TV Network Presentation card: "This Has Been an ABC Television Network Presentation." They did keep the Screen Gems mention alive.

~Ben
Two questions:

(1) Was the "ABC Presentation" a regular one like that used on other shows, or was it unique to the series like on the Flintstones?

(2) Do the episodes have specific credits for each episode or just the same one from one episode repeated on all of them as I think may have been done in the past?

Mark Y

Screenwriter
Yes, indeed, as this year marks the 60th anniversary of the original series that Me-TV is still showing right now!

However, the first two seasons (and two or three episodes from the third season: "Dino Goes Hollyrock," "Fred's New Boss" and maybe also "The Twitch"), all of these using the "Rise and Shine" theme song in the main and end titles, were produced in color but originally broadcast on ABC in monochrome.

~Ben
Since Earl Kress was involved in the DVDs, I would "cautiously assume" they got it right, but it does seem very odd to me that the change in theme songs wouldn't have happened at the beginning of a season. Can anyone verify this (from the original run of the series)?

I remember in syndication for many years (as long as the series was distributed on 16mm film) the shows of the first two seasons all had the closing credits from the first episode that used "Meet The Flintstones." So the same credits were repeated on show after show. Just like when Top Cat was syndicated by Worldvision, every episode said it was written by "Kin Platt." When Worldvision released some Beta/VHS tapes of Hanna-Barbera shows in the early 1980s, I remember a reviewer commenting that both "Top Cat" episodes on the tape were written by Kin Platt. Not necessarily so.

I still want to know what the deal is with the closing of "Seeing Doubles."

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Two questions:

(1) Was the "ABC Presentation" a regular one like that used on other shows, or was it unique to the series like on the Flintstones?

(2) Do the episodes have specific credits for each episode or just the same one from one episode repeated on all of them as I think may have been done in the past?
It was a customized version unique to the series, just like with the version used on the first two seasons of The Flintstones.

~Ben

Sean Thompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
The HB remastered titles on HBO Max do look very good. Im impressed they even fixed the scene in the opening of Josie & the Pussycats in Outer Space where the rocket exhaust never lined up with the edge of the scene. They fixed that. Working my way through the remastered Flintstones now.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
We might have bigger things to worry about than that, considering many of the episodes on HBO Max are missing their pre-opening scenes.

The low price is also very concerning and may mean that they are planning on cramming the episodes on a small amount of discs and splattering the DNR on them, SDWAY style.

Reactions: WaltWiz1901

Sean Thompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
We might have bigger things to worry about than that, considering many of the episodes on HBO Max are missing their pre-opening scenes.

The low price is also very concerning and may mean that they are planning on cramming the episodes on a small amount of discs and splattering the DNR on them, SDWAY style.
Yeah. Hoping for a good release but not feeling so positive

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
I don't know what the status about the original master negatives (35mm) for the Flintstones' first two seasons are.

~Ben
They look pretty good on HBO Max, the state of the negatives isn't what you need to worry about, it's the methods that WHV will use to "clean them up".

really hoping WB Archives would be announcing Banana Splits, Chattanooga Cats, or something that has never been released before.

--james
Neither of these are Warner Archive, so hopefully they have a few releases to announce :)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
They look pretty good on HBO Max, the state of the negatives isn't what you need to worry about, it's the methods that WHV will use to "clean them up".

Neither of these are Warner Archive, so hopefully they have a few releases to announce :)
Maybe I misunderstood what you meant but The Banana Splits and The Chattanooga Cats are both HB shows that Warner owns so they would most likely be released by Warner Archive if they choose to release them.

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
Maybe I misunderstood what you meant but The Banana Splits and The Chattanooga Cats are both HB shows that Warner owns so they would most likely be released by Warner Archive if they choose to release them.
Sorry for the confusion, I meant neither the Bugs Bunny or Flintstones releases were coming from Warner Archive, meaning they should have some upcoming announcements.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niloc