What's new

newbie needs speakers (1 Viewer)

Steve Ez

Auditioning
hey guys whats up, just got my own place and am looking to start a home theater. I plan on buying a 50 inch dlp and want some nice sound for it. I was going to just guy one of those "kits" in best buy but reading here people say there are alot better options.

ok heres the deal...room is about 14 x 14
will be 50% movies 25% tv 25% music
budget is about 1000 for everthing. i know its not alot but im not looking to build something state of the art. just want to get something thats a good bang for the buck.
there are alot of other projects i have to finish so i can only do about a g. thanks guys.....GREAT SITE!!!

Klipsch cinema series should foot that bill. Klipsch Synergy series at best buy might work also in that budget. Klipsch b-2,c-2,s-2, sub 10, synergy series stuff at best buy, is around $1150. at the klipsch cinema 8 is $1195 and cinema 6 is $1000. i would go with cenima series. It is part of the refence series, and that is a step up from the synergy series.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Ive said it before in numerous threads, after it was recommended to me for fitting in my budget. Fluance speakers are really great for the price you pay. I have the SX-HTB set, as well as my cousin. We are more than content with them. IF you search other threads, you will find lots of information about them as well as personal opinions. Worth checking out before you make any decisions. They aren't expensive either. which will leave you money for a subwoofer, receiver and/or cables.

Mike_Gr

Stunt Coordinator
One of the best budget speaker systems I have heard to date is the Wharfedale Diamond 8 series. These are very hard to beat at their price point. IMO, they are more competent than Best Buys top stuff...which IMO are the Athena's & Infinity's top line they carry (can't recall the name).

Even better are the Wharfedale Diamond 9 series, which may be just out of reach of your budget unless you would consider bookshelf speakers for mains. If you can squeeze just a tad more than a thousand, you may be able to get into the 9 series with floorstanders for mains. It just depends on what kind of deal you can find on the internet or what you can negotiate with a local dealer.

I listened to tons of speakers and kept coming back to the Wherfedale Diamonds as nothing was even close at their price point. One day I decided to AB the Diamond 8's (Diamond 9 series wasn't out yet at the time) against the Wharfedale Evo series just to see how much better the Evo's were. After that, I increased the budget and now own an Evo system. Had I never decided to spend more, I would have purchased the Diamond 8's (or 9's if they had been available).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks