What's new

Newbie Basic Questions???? (1 Viewer)

BrettHem

Auditioning
I joined this forum recently and just wanted to thank everyone for the great advice and info!!!!

1. I own a Rotel 1075 amp and want to know what your procedure is for turning your amps on and off.
Do you leave your amps on all the time?
Turn them off after each use?
What are the pros and cons of each???

2. I live in apartment complex and am concerned about my power. I was about to ignorantly buy the avs2000/7000 combination thinking this would eradicate all my problems. For someone who rents (plan on living here for 2+ years), I dont mind spending a little cash to upgrade (dont know how) the outlets and wondering if I have any options for this route?
What would you do in my situation (renting) to give yourself the best protection and power for a home theater system???
Thanks for the HELP,
Brett

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
For tips on power conditioning and protection take a look in the FAQ in the primer for newcomers as well as the "Tweaks" area, there's a lot of info. My preference is Panamax for this.

As for turning on and off the amp(s), they should have a 12v trigger to turn them on and off, providing whatever you are using as a Pre/pro has a 12v trigger to do this. There isn't anything terrible about leaving them on all the time, but it will draw a little more current than in stand by.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks