What's new

Yamaha RX-A770 newbie question (1 Viewer)

GSpilot

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Pridy
Good morning everyone. I’m totally new to all this and have a basic question. On the RX-A 770 what are the recommended settings for watching movies? I have run YPAO, it seems like I can’t do multiple positions so I set it in the middle seating position. It then had to change the speakers back to small and 80hz.

All the action scenes initially seemed like they lacked pop for lack of a better term and were being hushed, I think I fixed this by turning Dynamic Range to Max last night so I was just curious what else I may be missing.

Settings like enhancer on or off, use surround decoder or set adventure, YPAO volume, adaptive DRC, Natural, Through, Flat EQ’s???

Mostly stream from Apple, Prime, Vudu action and Sci-fi movies.

5.1.2 Setup:
Sony X-90 75”
RX A770
SVS Prime Center
SVS SB-1000 sub
SVS Prime Satellites x 6
All speakers set to small and 80hz.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
What 'Sound Program' are you using? If it's not on a "movie" selection (standard, adventure, drama), that could be the problem.
Small/80 is pretty standard, so I wouldn't focus too much on that. Is it seeing all of your speakers? You can see this visually, but maybe run the tone check. Is any speaker connected out pf phase (red/black swapped)? I'm not sure if the 770 automatically checks for that.

GSpilot

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Pridy
I’m using the surround decoder, when I stream Atmos movies it displays Atmos, DSUR for Dolby surround etc.

I think it’s fixed pretty well now, I played the first few minutes of MadMax about 20 times tweaking everything. The only remaining issue is sometimes switching between apps it’ll flash between DSUR and DTS on the screen like it’s having a tough time figuring out the decoding and play static for a second, it never does it during a movie though.

Dynamic Range>Max
YPAO Volume>Off
Adaptive DRC >Off
Natural EQ

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Great, I'm glad you got it working!
I recommend you try turning YPAO volume on, it just makes things sound better at low volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks