What's new

Star Trek: Picard - Season One - CBS All Access - starring Patrick Stewart (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Three new series regulars:
  • Alison Pill (Scott Pilgrim vs. the World)
  • Harry Treadaway ("Penny Dreadful", "Mr. Mercedes"). Believed to be playing Starton, a scientist who is "terrified of space" and specializes in "positronic brains." He is interested in the research part of Picard's mission.
  • Isa Briones (“American Crime Story: Versace”)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Guy I know says they are still in rehearsal, that shooting was pushed back, and though they hope for December, it may be summer. I'm guessing now but I suspect more problems getting the marketers to accept production designs because they don't have enough Star Trek recognition value in their designs to sell. Just a guess.

In my heart I'm hoping that they do what DSC did and go ahead without the Star Trek design recognition the marketers wanted. If so, that would mean after DSC finishes tomorrow, maybe they'll be some good news. Call me foolish but I'm still thinking they can start shooting soon and be ready in December.

Last edited:

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Oooo I like the addition of Treadaway. He was great in Penny Dreadful and pretty good in Mr. Mercedes.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Eh...we've all been calling it that anyway. Kinda wanted something more dynamic, but that title tells you EXACTLY what you're getting.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
First image (note Starfleet uniform at side):

D6om4fWW0AE_xa2.jpg

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think this is one case where it was better to go with the obvious choice. It seems like we were all going to call it this anyway.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Yeah, calling this "Reliant" or "Destiny" would seem generic. I've never been a fan of one-word subtitles. I like the longer, more poetic ones (The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, The Voyage Home, The Undiscovered Country, and so on).

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
There must be a reason the Starfleet uniforms appear to be from the third and forth season of TNG. Maybe Picard is having a flashback or is in a Holodeck. Or Q popped him there.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
There must be a reason the Starfleet uniforms appear to be from the third and forth season of TNG. Maybe Picard is having a flashback or is in a Holodeck. Or Q popped him there.

Those are early DS9 or Voyager uniforms. The TNG crew only wore them in Generations. And they're some of the ugliest uniforms in all of Trek history. Could this be the Academy? In which case, those fit in with cadet uniforms circa TNG season 5, which would mean the Academy hasn't changed uniforms in 25+ years (while Starfleet seems to change its uniforms every 5 or so).

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Those are early DS9 or Voyager uniforms. The TNG crew only wore them in Generations. And they're some of the ugliest uniforms in all of Trek history. Could this be the Academy? In which case, those fit in with cadet uniforms circa TNG season 5, which would mean the Academy hasn't changed uniforms in 25+ years (while Starfleet seems to change its uniforms every 5 or so).

Those are the indeed the utility uniforms from the early years of DS9, all of Voyager and Generations. Someone on Facebook pointed out the rank pips changed location (I can't see that well), which means the utility uniforms could still be used in various outposts/bases even after the First Contact uniforms were introduced. Or this is a flashback which played with Picard's mind (and leading to a problem with the pips). Or an alternate something or other.

I'm just happy to see color being brought back to Starfleet uniforms.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member

I stand corrected. It’s probably been over a year and a half since I last watched a Voyager episode and TNG episode. I’ve been back with TOS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks