What's new

Paramount+ Star Trek: Picard - Season Three (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Season 1 thread
Season 2 thread

I figured it was time for the upcoming final season to get its own discussion thread.

Teaser:

Returning Cast:
  • Patrick Stewart as Admiral Jean Luc Picard
  • Michelle Hurd as Raffi Musiker
  • Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine
  • Jonathan Frakes as Captain William Riker
  • Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi
  • Brent Spiner
"New" Cast:
  • LeVar Burton as Commodore Geordi LaForge
  • Michael Dorn as Captain Worf
  • Gates McFadden as Dr. Beverly Crusher
Alison Pill, Isa Briones, Santiago Cabrera, and Evan Evagora -- all series regulars during the first two seasons -- are not returning for the third season.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I wish they’d found a way to keep the rest of the season 1 cast, even if several of them only had fleeting appearances in S2.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'll definitely will want to see that! Should be interesting to see how's morale on his ship!

"Uh oh! The captain's carrying his bat'leth with him and he looks pissed! RUN!!!" 😂
If they stick with the plot developments from the "Picard" tie-in novels, Worf took over as captain of the Enterprise-E when Picard accepted a promotion to coordinate the Romulan resettlement.

But that was in 2381. I'm assuming "Picard" S3 will be set around 2401, which would mean Worf took command twenty years ago. The Enterprise-E might not even still be in service; the Sovereign class was designed to counter the very specific threat of the Borg, and now that the Borg threat has been eliminated (and the Dominion War is long over) the Federation probably would want a flagship better tailored to Starfleet's core mission of exploration and scientific advancement.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Although I can’t imagine we won’t be seeing Alison Pill’s Borg Queen again in at least some capacity next season, especially given where they left things at the very end of season two (with the Borg now standing watch over the mysterious anomaly for the Federation, and the Jurati-Queen’s winking farewell to the crew of the Stargazer).

That was just too huge of a “hook” to be her final appearance ever on the show.

Last edited:

Robert McNay

Agent
Real Name
Robert
Season 1 thread
Season 2 thread

I figured it was time for the upcoming final season to get its own discussion thread.

Teaser:

Returning Cast:
  • Patrick Stewart as Admiral Jean Luc Picard
  • Michelle Hurd as Raffi Musiker
  • Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine
  • Jonathan Frakes as Captain William Riker
  • Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi
  • Brent Spiner
"New" Cast:
  • LeVar Burton as Commodore Geordi LaForge
  • Michael Dorn as Captain Worf
  • Gates McFadden as Dr. Beverly Crusher
Alison Pill, Isa Briones, Santiago Cabrera, and Evan Evagora -- all series regulars during the first two seasons -- are not returning for the third season.

You fail to mention that Paramount and Patrick Stewart have made it very clear that Season 3 is the last, and it is supposed to put a final ending to the TNG adventures.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Paramount and Patrick Stewart have made it very clear that Season 3 is the last, and it is supposed to put a final ending to the TNG adventures.
Don’t be so sure. Stewart has said repeatedly that he’d be up for a theatrical movie with the TNG cast, and Kurtzman backed him up.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
With five different Trek shows plus another Kelvin movie on its way, there’s more than enough variety around. What’s wrong with letting people who might enjoy having another TNG movie have that hope, and simply choosing to abstain from viewing it if it’s not your cup of tea?

I’ll never understand this mentality of “I’m not personally interested in it, therefore no one else should have it.”

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
Don’t be so sure. Stewart has said repeatedly that he’d be up for a theatrical movie with the TNG cast, and Kurtzman backed him up.
As a bonus, any future TNG movie will piss off Shatner, because he won't be in it.

As a side note.

So I am driving in to work, hearing a year+ old podcast (~ 3/21/21). They had a clip of Shatner talking about/pitching StoryFile, the "AI" recording of mass interviews designed to form an interactive representation of the deceased.

They then played a clip I hadn't heard, where Shatner was saying he hadn't watched any Star Trek.

I have never watched Star Trek. There are many episodes I don't know, there are some movies I don't know. I directed one of the movies — No. 5 — I had to watch that one. But it's all painful because I don't like the way I look and what I do.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
I’ll never understand this mentality of “I’m not personally interested in it, therefore no one else should have it.”

Sounds a lot like the fanbase for superhero movies. They become overly obsessive to the point of absurdity. I still can't warp my head around what's going on with Superman, but some people have become completely toxic over the whole affair.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I often feel relieved when there’s a movie or TV show I’m not interested in. It’s less on my plate, so to speak. I keep up with enough series - and it’s hard enough - that it’s fine to let those go that don’t grab me.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks