What's new

Paramount+ Star Trek: Picard - Season Three (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Now that the writers strike is over, it’s really time to move ahead with Terry Matalas’ next Star Trek series.

I would love it, but there's not going to be any movement in either direction until the actors' strike is over. Something like that is cast contingent.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
One thing unclear about the Picard Final season disc replacement is whether you have to send the old disc back. I read the Trekmovie article and I may have missed it. Perhaps we can keep the disc. :)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
One thing unclear about the Picard Final season disc replacement is whether you have to send the old disc back. I read the Trekmovie article and I may have missed it. Perhaps we can keep the it says
It says nothing about sending it back. You can keep it.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It’s unclear if you’ll get to keep it. Paramount will collect your info from the form but in the past, that’s just been the beginning of the process. They will probably send out an email to everyone who fills it out with further information. For the TNG Season 1 BDs that had an audio issue, they did not require you to send back the disc. For the TWOK remastered BD that had a visual error, they did require you to send it back. Usually the exchange programs are outsourced to PR firms and it’ll likely be up to whoever is coordinating the effort to make that determination.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I hope we can to keep the disc. Perhaps the cost of postage to ship it back is not worth it to Paramount.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
It’s unclear if you’ll get to keep it. Paramount will collect your info from the form but in the past, that’s just been the beginning of the process. They will probably send out an email to everyone who fills it out with further information. For the TNG Season 1 BDs that had an audio issue, they did not require you to send back the disc. For the TWOK remastered BD that had a visual error, they did require you to send it back. Usually the exchange programs are outsourced to PR firms and it’ll likely be up to whoever is coordinating the effort to make that determination.

Maybe they wanted the TWOK BD returned because it's just 1 disc (and of the main feature), so there's much more likelihood of some people trying to scam them or other potential customers (on 2ndary market) or something? But for 1 disc out of a multi-disc series/set, especially a larger set, there's little-to-no real likelihood of those?

_Man_

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
The jackets in this season were awesome. So I bought a Picard season three leather jacket with comm badge. It's a beautiful, nerdy, cool-looking thing. I got engineering/support colors (gold/brown) and they also have red/blue.

Star-Trek-Picard-Season-3-Raffi-Starfleet-Officer-Leather-jacket.jpg

Last edited:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I just did a re-watch of Galaxy’s Dhild, where Geordi gets to meet Dr. Leah Brahms in person.

I recall that in All Good Things, in the alternate timeline, Geordi is married to Leah. And in the third season of Picard, Geordi has two daughters. However, it has occurred to me that I don’t believe it’s clear who is Geordi’s wife in Picard? Did anyone hear a bit of dialogue that says if it’s Leah? I don’t recall it.

Also, re-seeing this thread reminded me of the replacement disc for the third season set.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
I recall that in All Good Things, in the alternate timeline, Geordi is married to Leah. And in the third season of Picard, Geordi has two daughters. However, it has occurred to me that I don’t believe it’s clear who is Geordi’s wife in Picard? Did anyone hear a bit of dialogue that says if it’s Leah? I don’t recall it.
It is never stated who the mother of his children are.

They do have the same names as the ones in All Good Things... though he has three children then, there's also a son named Bret.

Also, to be a bit pedantic, in AGT, it's only ever mentioned that his wife's name is "Leah", leaving the assumption that it is Doctor Brahms. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Alex, that’s what I thought. That Geordi’s wife is never mentioned in Picard. Next time I do a re-watch of Picard S3, I’ll see if I hear or see anything.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
If we ever get Star Trek Legacy, it's been hinted we will find out who Geordi's wife is.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Also, to be a bit pedantic, in AGT, it's only ever mentioned that his wife's name is "Leah", leaving the assumption that it is Doctor Brahms. :)

She must’ve gone through a divorce if that’s the case, I believe she reveals to Geordi that she’s married when they actually meet.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Rewatched the first four episodes of "Picard" Season 3 on Blu-ray this New Year's Eve with a friend who grew up loving TNG but never got around to watching this show.

It played well, but one thing that particularly bothered me revisiting the season in such a condensed form was all of the timeline issues. Tying the plot to the Frontier Day celebration, and the 250th anniversary of the NX-01's maiden voyage, created a lot of unnecessary problems.

There's just no way that the events of this show over three seasons all took place within two years. At the time, Seven of Nine being promoted to commander so quickly stood out to me as the biggest implausibility.

But probably more crucially is the birth of Jack Crusher. Ed Speleers is in his early thirties and looks it. It's clear that Jack and his mother have been up to their frontier medicine for quite a few years at the beginning of the season. But April 2401 is only 21-22 years after Nemesis. Even assuming that Picard knocked Crusher up immediately after Riker and Troi departed for the Titan, the oldest Jack could be is 21. At multiple points in the first few episodes, it's established that Picard and Crusher parted ways twenty years earlier, and that Jack was conceived at the same time that they parted ways. So presumably Jack would have to be 19. But that doesn't fit at all with Speelers's casting or with the back story for the new Jack Crusher. And then in the holodeck bar, when Jack worries about the inevitability of hair loss, Picard assumes that he is 23 or 24 years old. So it's not consistent even within the season.

Alternate possibilities would have been the 250th Federation Day in 2411 or the 350th anniversary of First Contact Day, which would have taken place in 2413.

If they didn't want to make that big of a jump, they could have established Frontier Day as being the date that Starfleet was chartered by the United Earth government. That's never been locked down in canon, and could have happened anytime between 2134 and the late 2140s. If they went with 2134, and the celebration was for the 275th anniversary, the season would have been set in 2409 which would have been a lot more plausible.

But it probably would have been better to come up with some other reason to draw the fleet together in the Sol system at one time to spring the trap, that isn't tied to the anniversary of any particular event. Then the season could have been set in 2404 or 2405, which would have made the most sense.

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar
Rewatched the first four episodes of "Picard" Season 3 on Blu-ray this New Year's Eve with a friend who grew up loving TNG but never got around to watching this show.

It played well, but one thing that particularly bothered me revisiting the season in such a condensed form was all of the timeline issues. Tying the plot to the Frontier Day celebration, and the 250th anniversary of the NX-01's maiden voyage, created a lot of unnecessary problems.

There's just no way that the events of this show over three seasons all took place within two years. At the time, Seven of Nine being promoted to commander so quickly stood out to me as the biggest implausibility.

But probably more crucially is the birth of Jack Crusher. Ed Speleers is in his early thirties and looks it. It's clear that Jack and his mother have been up to their frontier medicine for quite a few years at the beginning of the season. But April 2401 is only 21-22 years after Nemesis. Even assuming that Picard knocked Crusher up immediately after Riker and Troi departed for the Titan, the oldest Jack could be is 21. At multiple points in the first few episodes, it's established that Picard and Crusher parted ways twenty years earlier, and that Jack was conceived at the same time that they parted ways. So presumably Jack would have to be 19. But that doesn't fit at all with Speelers's casting or with the back story for the new Jack Crusher. And then in the holodeck bar, when Jack worries about the inevitability of hair loss, Picard assumes that he is 23 or 24 years old. So it's not consistent even within the season.

Alternate possibilities would have been the 250th Federation Day in 2411 or the 350th anniversary of First Contact Day, which would have taken place in 2413.

If they didn't want to make that big of a jump, they could have established Frontier Day as being the date that Starfleet was chartered by the United Earth government. That's never been locked down in canon, and could have happened anytime between 2134 and the late 2140s. If they went with 2134, and the celebration was for the 275th anniversary, the season would have been set in 2409 which would have been a lot more plausible.

But it probably would have been better to come up with some other reason to draw the fleet together in the Sol system at one time to spring the trap, that isn't tied to the anniversary of any particular event. Then the season could have been set in 2404 or 2405, which would have made the most sense.
Every time I watch For All Mankind and see Mike Okuda's credit on a show that isn't Trek, it hurts. It speaks, IMO, to exactly the points you make, and many points I and others have made about Trek in the Kurtzman Era. Too much of it, especially the prequels, simply don't jibe with what comes after. In Picard that shouldn't be a problem and yet...here we are. Mr. Okuda didn't even subscribe to Paramount Plus for at least two years after being kicked to the curb. If I inherited Star Trek, my first hire would have been Okuda, arguably the world expert on Trek, and someone who for decades kept the scourge of discrepancies and discontinuities out of the franchise.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Every time I watch For All Mankind and see Mike Okuda's credit on a show that isn't Trek, it hurts. It speaks, IMO, to exactly the points you make, and many points I and others have made about Trek in the Kurtzman Era. Too much of it, especially the prequels, simply don't jibe with what comes after. In Picard that shouldn't be a problem and yet...here we are. Mr. Okuda didn't even subscribe to Paramount Plus for at least two years after being kicked to the curb. If I inherited Star Trek, my first hire would have been Okuda, arguably the world expert on Trek, and someone who for decades kept the scourge of discrepancies and discontinuities out of the franchise.
The Okudas actually did work on the second and third seasons of "Picard". When Terry Matalas took over as showrunner, they were among the first new hires that he and new production designer David Blass brought on board.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Adam, I consider myself a large Star Trek fan. But it impresses me that fans such as yourself can keep up with the stardates over such a long span of the franchise. My fandom was more focused on the ship miniatures, models and props used on TOS, and the great stories of that series. I very much enjoy the original series as it was my first, yet even on that series, I cannot keep the stardates straight as at one point, the stardates I see quoted seemed to be re-aligned at some point in the 1990’s or 2000’s where the dates for TOS seemed to align with 1966, such as 2266. I did not do any research to cite an example, so maybe I‘ll do that later as this is an off the cuff post to just say how I am amazed how you can keep those numbers in your head! :)

I do agree the actor who plays Jack is older then his character should be!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks