What's new

Paramount+ Star Trek: Picard - Season Three (2 Viewers)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That’s a cool video Josh. The OTOY people working with the Roddenberry Archive is doing some amazing work. The recreation of the saucer section and the footage of it being saved was a nice tie-in to Picard. But the surprise was the Spock footage, that was eerily good.

When I saw the first videos last year, I wasn’t clear what the Archive was all about. But I think I get what they are up to, preserving all the assets of the starship Enterprise from the 1964 version up to the present. It’s a cool effort that available to the public.

I saw two more tonight, one with Shatner discussing his scene in Generations that ties in with the segment of Spock and an older video of what the Archive’s goals are.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Guys, this YouTube interview with Liz Kloczkowski, the art director of Picard season three, might be of some interest to those who are into the behind the scenes aspects of film making. I have never seen this person’s youtube channel before so proceed with caution if you are curious. The main focus of discussion was the recreation of the Enterprise D bridge. The aspects I found interesting was listening to her talk about trying to locate the carpet for the bridge.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I watched the first two chapters of Picard Season Three on the new blu ray last night.

It was so nice to see it this way! While I was watching with the stream at the time it was first dropped, the image quality and sound just wasn’t as good as it is on the Blu ray. While Jean Luc was at his chateau and he was writing at his desk, the sound of the thunder and lighting was enveloping all around me. That was cool. The visual effects of the Titan in the nebula was visually, much stronger and the detailing on the hull was visible as I did not recall seeing some of it before. This is of course, just eye candy. I did not care for the Titan design, it’s growing on me. They certainly did a nice job with the CG model. It is a very high quality production!

Story wise, it was really nice to watch two chapters back to back. When it was streaming, this season was so compelling, the wait for the next chapter broke up the momentum. I couldn’t wait for the next chapter. Of course I know you can now binge stream the episodes. But I was waiting for the Blu ray to get the full experience.

When I first saw the season, I had wondered what happened to Laris. In re-watching the first episode, it was very clear that she knew that if Beverly was asking Jean Luc for help, he wasn’t going to be coming back to her. Even if he intended it, she knew. It was that moment you see in The Sound of Music when the Baroness sees the captain and Maria dance, she could see they were a match. ( Sorry, I have that movie scene in mind as I was re-viewing parts of the movie) And during Raffi’s storyline, its funny, because we now know who Raffi’s handler is, in reading Raffi’s handler’s reply to her, I could now see who it is, you can just hear the voice. :)

It’s also very interesting to watch what Matalas did in creating this gangster underworld of M’talas. We’ve never seen a Ferengi like Sneed. And re-watching Amanda Plumber cackle her way through the episodes, she was having fun.

I’m looking forward to the next chapter.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Brian for that info. This fix is impacting the special Picard Legacy box set too. But no news if they will replace our discs. I have a feeling I might have to rebuy the final season if I want that enchanted shot.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I again want to point out that the shot on the Blu-ray was how the episode originally aired when it first appeared on the streaming service. I understand they revised it afterwards for people who tuned in later on and that’s fine but there’s also nothing wrong with including the actual original broadcast presentation on the disc. It’s a classic TNG-style shot. I actually like it more than the revision.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Josh, I did read your earlier post that the Enterprise shot seen on the Blu ray release is the same shot that was initially there when we first streamed it. So agreed, it’s not a mistake. This is a sort of revision. That’s kind of why I was thinking, if we want the enhanced shot, we might have to buy it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I again want to point out that the shot on the Blu-ray was how the episode originally aired when it first appeared on the streaming service. I understand they revised it afterwards for people who tuned in later on and that’s fine but there’s also nothing wrong with including the actual original broadcast presentation on the disc. It’s a classic TNG-style shot. I actually like it more than the revision.
Yeah, I kept my Game of Thrones Season 1 Blu-ray with George W. Bush's head on the spike for the same reason.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
By the way, I wanted to mention, watching the Picard S3 blu rays, when the episode starts and we see the Star Trek delta logo and the Titan warp by, I noticed that the Shrike is hidden in the nebula in the background. That is a cool subtle thing. I don’t recall seeing it during the initial broadcast.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
By the way, I wanted to mention, watching the Picard S3 blu rays, when the episode starts and we see the Star Trek delta logo and the Titan warp by, I noticed that the Shrike is hidden in the nebula in the background. That is a cool subtle thing. I don’t recall seeing it during the initial broadcast.
In The Lower Decks current season the koala is hidden in the nebula.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I noticed that koala too. While I’ve watched each episode of Lower Decks at least once, I didn’t get the reference yet. I’ll figure it out. :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I noticed that koala too. While I’ve watched each episode of Lower Decks at least once, I didn’t get the reference yet. I’ll figure it out. :)
Season 1, I believe gave us the Koala. It's the infinite power beyond the universe, sort of thing.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Just saw this pop up on my Twitter feed:

Article on how to get replacement discs, should one wish to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks