What's new

New Speakers (1 Viewer)

RobertJeffG

Auditioning
Here is my question. I am new to buying quality speakers and I need some advice.
I have a HK AVR630 receiver and want to get some good speakers for around 1500.00cdn. I have heard a couple of different speakers to date, the JBL E series, which I thought sounded very good, and I compared these to the Polk RTI series. I found the JBL's to have a more "throaty" sound to the Polks. I guess my question is, which are the better speakers or is there some others I should be looking at.

Thanks for the help.

Tim Stumpf

Stunt Coordinator
If you ask 10 people which speakers are best, you may get 10 different answers. People on this board will probably suggest some brands to check out which is a helpful starting point, but you ears need to be the final judge and in home trial is the final final way to judge. You'll also get better sugggestions if you list the size of your room, your listening habits i.e. how loud, music or movies etc. Are you willing to try internet brands or not?

RobertJeffG

Auditioning
Thanks Tim,

Well the room is 25ft X 14ft and my music to watching movies ratio is about 50/50. I listen to all types of music and I do like to listen to it loud sometimes, but not the most important feature. I also like to get a good movie experience from the speakers.

Tim Stumpf

Stunt Coordinator
If I were you, I'd spend some time reading these boards. There's all kinds of discussions about this speaker vs that one etc. After reading a while, you'll notice that certain speaker brands get talked about and praised more than others which starts to tell you something. Then you can make a list of speakers that you want to listen to yourself if possible. Then it's a matter of budget, what is available in your area and the most important, your personal preferences. It's a fun process, but can be overwhelming at first. Patience and reseach and your ears will steer you in the right direction.

Since you're in Canada, Paradigm might be a good brand for you to look at and listen to. But there are many other good brands, some of them built in the great white north and are really good value for Canucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks