What's new

New Krell HTS 7.1:anyone here heard it yet? (1 Viewer)

Joe Cole

Second Unit
As an owner of the first gray Krell HTS I am very interested in any opinions on the new 7.1 unit. Since this unit will cost me 4K as an upgrade I want as much info as I can get. Especially with all of the glowing reports on the new and still not released Outlaw 950. With it costing under 1K it has my attention. If Outlaw allows home demoing, I may try it when it is released. The various beta testers on this forum make it sound like the answer to my questions........But for less than 1K?

Matt Gordon

Supporting Actor
I have the HTS2 and I love it. I've not heard any of Outlaw's products, so I'm not qualified to talk about how their stuff stacks up against Krell.

What I do know about the new HTS 7.1 is that this new unit will feature several video and audio upgrades -- Krell says they have reworked about 90% of the electronics. The new unit will feature improved video switching and audio throughput, 7.1 analog inputs, flash memory, two zones, THX Ultra certification, and will decode THX Surround EX, DTS ES 6.1, Dolby Pro Logic II, and DTS NEO:6. The new HTS is priced at $8000.

I've heard that Krell has also has eliminated that 2-second "gap" when you first fire up a digital source. They don't state that in any of the info I have on the 7.1, but I imagine that if they could find a way to do it without compromising the sound of the box, they've done it.

Joe Cole

Second Unit
I have the 4K. So if my unit is worht 2.5K then I would be getting the new unit for 6.5K. Which is a good price for an 8K unit.
I keep thinking about the total amount of money spent on my final unit(ha), 9.5K. All within two years 2 months......
But if I sell it for 2.5K I could easily speand 6.5K on another unit unless I went with the Outlaw or Aragon etc.
More than likely I will be calling Krell this afternoon to start the process.....
:D

Alex F.

Second Unit
Another new full-featured 7.1 pre/pro definitely worth considering is the McIntosh MX-134 ($7000, now shipping).

Have a nice weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks