What's new

New HT Construction (1 Viewer)

Jean-PierreP

Auditioning
Who, the new pictures of the HT with the lights are nothing short of astonishing. The lights really serve the design you chose. Gotta love the tickets too hehe. I was wondering if your seats where the final ones you would have. Thats the main thing I have been disagreeing with my girlfriend. While the HT building age is still a few years away, I draw sketches every now and then and keep them for future reference, and she saw one where I chose seats like those. She said that with risers, it would look akward.

So, from your experience, how does it look when you walk in? Can you like, lay down on the second and third seat, like you would in front of a regular tv, and still see well?

Scott A. Pope

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, you can relax on each row and still see well. I bought sets of 6" riser feet for the second and third row but have not used them yet, we'll see when the HT is functioning. I originally had HT recliners slated for install but spent the money on a projector upgrade (DreamVision Weaver 1 instead of the Weaver 2) and the Home Theater Master MX-3000 remote/man toy. I too worried that the sofas would look funny but I really like them in there for now (whatever, I would like lawn chairs in there at this point!). I will still bump up to the recliners at some point, but only after financial recovery from this project! Remember that I am building a new master bedrrom/bath/closet, new garage, remodeling the living room, dining room, half bath, etc. not to mention the landscaping (please don't mention the landscaping). It has been a brutal undertaking, but the end is in sight (of course, so is the moon...?).

Anyway, I have tried very hard not to cut corners with the project. Seats were the logical exclusion in favor of better electronics in staying within my 25k budget for equipment/seating (okay, it came to 25948.20, give me a break!).

My advice, plan, plan, plan... then plan somemore. Explore every possibility on paper and in your mind. Decide the features you want, the abilities you need and the elements you love... then you get one of those Beta Capsules, like Hayata... http://pic8.picturetrail.com/VOL242/...0/61342791.jpg
had to become Ultra Man (from Nebula M78 of course), and fire off a Specium Beam
http://pic8.picturetrail.com/VOL242/...0/61342776.jpg
with your hands. Just rememeber, when your warning lights starts blinking really fast,
http://pic8.picturetrail.com/VOL242/...0/61342760.jpg
and you here that guy say, "if the warning light should stop blinking, it would mean that Ultraman would never rise again." then you will need to immediately leave Earth's atmosphere to recharge your energy.

Okay, I went a bit too far with the whole Ultra Man thing didn't I... hate it when that happens!

Scott
Science Patrol Officer
(okay, not really)

Scott A. Pope

Stunt Coordinator

I feel ya bro. Thing is, nothing is changing day to day so I'm not sure what else to takes a pic of at this point. There is work going on elsewhere in the house, but that's another story.

On a progress note... carpet was ordered last night, availability looks good. Carpet arrival at Casa De Pope' should be this week and with any amount of luck, a weekend install. This, of course, would warrant more pics!

Stay tuned...

BrianKR

Second Unit
The carpet will make "everything" come together and will complete your room! :emoji_thumbsup:
Are you installing the carpet yourself Scott?
If not, and you trust the carpet company you went with, don't watch them install it. When you walk into the room after it's complete your jaw will literally hit the floor.

Scott A. Pope

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,

A family member that's in the carpet business is going to do the install. I thought of trying what you said, but I don't think that I have the self control to do that! I seen this room evolve, every step of the way, I can't stop now.

Still aiming hard for a weekend carpet install though not confirmed.

Scott A. Pope

Stunt Coordinator
No carpet yet, but... I did pick up the Skybox drink machine and I got the door closer installed on the HT door...

http://pic8.picturetrail.com/VOL242/...6/61838071.jpg

http://pic8.picturetrail.com/VOL242/...6/61838085.jpg

http://pic8.picturetrail.com/VOL242/...6/61838101.jpg

http://pic8.picturetrail.com/VOL242/...6/61838113.jpg

The Skybox is shown with the basic signage included. I will order the Atlanta Thrasher signage immediately and take better pics when installed.

Hope to have carpet in on Monday or Tuesday... stay tuned!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I like how the SkyBox fits into its space. I would LOVE to have one of those puppies. I am sure it will come in very handy for years to come.

Scott A. Pope

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, the Skybox looks even better than I thought it would. I just ran to the store (okay, I drove) and grabbed a bunch of drinks. The Skybox loads easily and dispenses smoothly. It makes the famous "ca-chunk" sound when a can comes out... I like it! I have not tried bottles yet.

Anyway, the Skybox is going to be a fun addition to the project.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Everyone should have a "ca-chunk" sound included with their theater. And the great thing is that you can stock it for the crowd you are going to be entertaining for the night.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Ok. I saw the Pope Audio/Video signage. Where is the HTF signage you purchased? Are we going to have a prominent display area or are your visitors going to have to go looking for it in some dark closet? I want ours over the SkyBox! This isn't fair. Waaaaaahhhh! :)

Actually I think it would be cool if the HTF signage is in the theater itself. But I can hear your friends say "What the hell is a Home Theater Forum?".

I look forward to carpet and pictures of the big grins on everyone's face when they finally see the completed project.

Scott A. Pope

Stunt Coordinator
Don't worry Parker, I'll be sure to represent properly! The HTF sign will probably go over the door leaving the Media Room, there's a perfect place for it there and it will be very visible in the room.

The latest... carpet scheduled to be installed Wed. and Thurs. Electronics from The Home Theater Store are scheduled for a Friday at 1000 install.

Wish me luck, I still have not heard from the painter. He has to do some hard core touch up before any electronics enter the new rooms.

Will d s

Stunt Coordinator
Good luck. Without any problems it sounds like you should be spending the weakend watching movies, or playing with all of the new toys (your new remote and a few calibration disks).

Scott A. Pope

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Will, I hope you're right. It's coming down to the wire. If I am going to pull this off the sheetrock guy has to finish a patch, the painter has to finish touching up and painting shelves and the carpet guy will have to start and finish his job by tomorrow night.

Wish me luck.

Scott A. Pope

Stunt Coordinator
... carpet going in as I type this... can you stand the anticipation? HT fellas will be here at 1100 tomorrow morning to bust out the magic. Obviously I will not be sleeping much tonight if I am going to have all of this ready.

Going to be a long night. :thumbsdown:

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Scott,
I hope it serves you well, it will be truly awesome.
You have done a wonderfull job. BTW-I can only think of two things that make me fall a sleep, getting drunk off my keister and getting :b ...well.... good luck on going to sleep.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker

What and no pictures of the play by play?

Since you aren't sleeping might as well be taking pictures at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks