What's new

New HT Construction (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker

Billed out at $100 a can that should help offset the cost of the remodel then. Just let your contractor know that he will be getting a bill for the beer and you will expect a check at the end of the build. (You will of course send this to him after they have completed the remodel). Take pictures of the empty beer cans, etc. for evidence and turn it over to your lawyer. When the contractor gets your bill for the beer and his legal fees he is going to be having a lot of fun with his crew. (God I hate thieves and that is exactly what they were and still are).

Scott A. Pope

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I was pretty jazzed about the whole thing. I'm with you on bringing it up after the project is complete. I'm having enought troulble getting people to show up and work as it is!

Staying in theme... the electrician never showed this weekend... :angry:. No new pics to post. Maybe someone will show tomorrow... maybe...?

Scott A. Pope

Stunt Coordinator
Okee dokee, pictureless update...

Met with my HT guys this afternoon and finalized things. If I wasn't so tired I'd be really excited! Here's the final list of new goodies from the last estimate (of many)...

DreamVision DreamWeaver 1 DLP projector -12 LVDS DMD 1280 x 720 resolution
RAVA RVS-100 AMC - 100" Screen
RAVA RVM-DW1 Projector Mount
Sunfire Ultimate Receiver
Integra DPC 8.5 Universal changer -10-bit 108 Mhz Video DACs with Wolfson Audio DACs)
Tannoy Eyris Dual Concentric 7.1 sound system
Tannoy Eyris DC3 dual concentric front tower speakers (pair)
Tannoy Eryis DCC dual concentric center speaker (each)
Tannoy Eyris DC1 dual concentric bookshelf surround speakers (pair)
Tannoy E-FX bipole / dipole rear side surround speakers (pair)
Lutron 6-zone Grafik Eye lighting system
Xantech IR kit for remote access of equipment in media room
7.1 speaker system prewire -- add PC & Xbox/Videogame jacks no charge
Silver IXOS Theater interconnect kit
Installation/Setup/Calibration
Audio Alchemy or Yamaha RF Modulator for Pioneer LaserDisc player
Home Theater Master MX-3000 Universal touch-screen system control
Front stage center speaker stand - black

I did get to bring the new remote home to play with, incredibly sweet!! It's the Home Theater Master MX-3000... what a fabulous toy this baby is!

Tons of info on the HTM site...

HTM MX-3000

On a construction note... rope lights are in and they look pretty cool. The Gaphic Eye isn't installed yet so they are not properly switched, but you can lite them up and see how they are going to look. I am ordering the carpet tomorrow for the HT and the Media Room. I finally found a print that I like for each after weeks of searching. Can't really describe, I'll document with pics once the carpet is in, hopefully one day next week.

Stay tuned...

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Scott:

Great list of things to come into play in your new room. I am still tuned in and looking forward to the next volley of pics.

Scott A. Pope

Stunt Coordinator
Parker... and volley I shall. The last of the shelving is in the media room now (not trimmed out though). The exhaust fan is in (kinda). All lights are functioning in the HT, but there is a catch. They work via a single wire nut in the most manual of manual modes. The temp switches are out making way for the giant Lutron Grafic Eye. This will make it tough to get decent pics, but I'll try. Also, all pieces of electronic equipment are now accounted for, I stopped by The Home Theater Store to begin the bonding process... it was a special time. The only item proving elusive is the RF Modulator necessary for the LaserDisc player (for AC3, remember that term?). Otherwise, it's full steam ahead as soon as I get carpet in. Hopefully that will be by the end of next week (hopefully).

Brian... I have the remote right in front of me, so I guess the answer is, well, now. ;) I picked it up early so i could start playing with it. So far I have learned how to place background JPEG or BMP files on screen and alter the color, size and shape of the buttons. It is not too awfully hard to figure out, keeping in mind that I have taken the manly mans vow to never, ever read the directions.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Wow, As I sit here and read all of this thread all I can do is dream as I just yesterday finished my 20 x 24 slab for my "garage" (wink wink!!) media room. Posts like this give me hope, Well done Mr. Pope! :emoji_thumbsup: I too am well over bugdget, 6 months and apx $6k (dont ask!) later, I have a slab to start with...:D

Please post more...

Scott A. Pope

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Todd, more than happy to inspire.

Fasten your seat belts, here's another volley of pics...

http://pic8.picturetrail.com/VOL242/...6/61059038.jpg

http://pic8.picturetrail.com/VOL242/...6/61058871.jpg

http://pic8.picturetrail.com/VOL242/...6/61058830.jpg

http://pic8.picturetrail.com/VOL242/...6/61058781.jpg

http://pic8.picturetrail.com/VOL242/...6/61058705.jpg

http://pic8.picturetrail.com/VOL242/...6/61058302.jpg

Things are starting to come together finally. There is touch up painting to do, then carpet install. The Home Theater Store has all my electronics in now, they are waiting on me for the install date. I feel like every time someone asks when I will be ready for electronics I say two more weeks, sooooo... I should be ready to fire this thing up in about 1.5 to 2 weeks. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :b

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Ok, I will see what it looks like in 2 weeks then!

Looking better and better. You need to see if you can put together some sort of .mov file of your HT after it is done and we can see a walk through of the place. That would be cool.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Scott:

Un-freaking-believeable. Things just keep getting better.

If you make up a .mov file (after everything is completed) and it is a walk thru send it to me and I'll host it.

Parker

Ben Mecham

Agent
Scott,
I am absolutely amazed at the amount of work and detail that have gone into your HT. It looks nothing short of awesome!
I am in the process of planning and building a HT for a buddy of mine and he needed some design ideas. As part of that brainstorming I printed out some pictures of other theatres that I had accumulated off the net, including yours. Well, they fell in love with yours (especially his wife). So I am trying to incorporate some of the same design elements into their plan (they really love the pilasters and the sconce lights). Where did you get those lights? I can't seem to locate any that shine the light up and down on the wall like that. If you could help out, it would be greatly appreciated.
Again, love the HT!!

-Ben

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Scott:

First you awe them with Funny Cars. And now HT design. What is next for this man of many talents. Stay tuned! :)

Scott A. Pope

Stunt Coordinator
Ben...

"Well, they fell in love with yours (especially his wife)." ... ummm, is she hot? :eek:

Okay, sorry, just kidding. About the sconce lights... you'll love this one. There I was, at Lowe's, minding my business, when suddenly I spotted a clearance item out of the corner of my eye. The little box contained a goofy looking, unfinished clay wall sconce. I picked it up, prepared to make a wise crack or two, when out of no where the unthinkable took place... yep, you guessed it, I had an epiphany. After a brief daze, followed by a even briefer recovery period I envisioned these cheesy sconces painted in a satin black enamel and mounted on my two front columns... and so it came to pass that the massive collision of creative thoughts spawned design. Total investment for the moving experience... a whopping 29.12 (tax included).

Parker... no doubt I am multi-faceted. The Funny Car era was a grand one, how many people get to tune 6000hp motors to run a quarter mile in 5 seconds? And to sit in the beast while she idles... SHUT UP! I had black and blue arms for two years from sitting in the cockpit while she was fired up after rebuilds between rounds, just awesome. The best part was that when we blew the motor to bits (literally) it wasn't our money, how cool is that!?

I just like to have fun, can't blame me there. Maybe I'll learn to fly next, always wanted to have my pilot's license. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks