What's new

new home, multiple ? (1 Viewer)

gjk5

Agent
Real Name
david
got the 7's, they are in great shape. Closed on the house today, ordering screen and projector this week for HT and hopefully all the in-walls for the main living room.

gjk5

Agent
Real Name
david
subcontractor work is slow going (imagine that!) but have a couple of questions:

have a line on some used in walls for "informal" area, speakercraft MT8 Two (x2), MT6 Four (x4) this should cover fronts, rears for that area and in wall ambient music for bar area. Looking like about $500 for the 6 speakers. Need a center though

Is this OK? Have never even heard of speakercraft but the reviews online seem OK, other than these would probably spend close to that on China builder grade crap.

Also has two BA dual 8" in wall subs, no price on them yet and no idea if they are OK, and a SC big monitor center, but it is not an in wall so probably a no.

Suggestion for center here appreciated

for the main/dedicated HT room I have the Paradigm Monitor 7 v4 front, mini monitor rear, PDR 12 sub and CC170 center. DEFINITELY need new center, thinking CC350 (same line) or CC450 (not same line)? Also: will that sub be enough with all the bigger speakers? Throw one of the B&W in walls in to balance?

Suggestion for center and sub for this room appreciated

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You want the front 3 to be timbre matched so if you can't get a Speakercraft center then skip the deal. Check out the Dayton line from Parts Express - especially model ME525MTM.

Enough sub? Depends on the size of the room, placement of the sub, your expectations and how loud you want to listen. Short answer, we can't tell you. Would it be enough for me? No way. I want to feel my bass and I have heard better 12" subs and they didn't meed my expectations. My dual 15" subs aren't enough right now so I'm looking adding an 18" or 21" sub or maybe both.

gjk5

Agent
Real Name
david
keep in mind these are two separate rooms, the speakercrafts for just general LR use (and I could BUY a new one and still be fine with this price) but this room is general TV, ambient music etc

I can get more subs for the dedicated HT room if need be I guess, more concerned with a center to go well with the Monitor 7's, the CC170 is definitely not it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks