What's new

new help with in-wall speaker cable asap (1 Viewer)

Mark Nguyen

Stunt Coordinator
Hi everyone,

I am currently building our home and the drywall is going on very soon in the HT room. Can you guys suggest what in-wall speaker cable to get that does the job and the price is right? My fronts are DefTech BP2000. The run from the rack to the front is about 35-40ft.

Thanks a lot, Mark

mylan

Screenwriter
Use a decent brand that you trust. Just make sure it is CL3 rated for in wall use. I used Monster Cable XP CL3, clear jacketed 12 gauge on a 100 ft. roll. Its cheaper that way, about a buck a ft.
You might also want to run a hollow tube, or raceway, in case you want to change or add cable at a later date.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Whatever they sell at Parts Express. 12G if you think lots of copper makes a difference. 18G if you don't care about lots of copper.

Mark Nguyen

Stunt Coordinator
Currently, there's 16G wired by the builder but it looks so thin and flimsy...it can't possibly be great for sound could it??

Mark

Mark Nguyen

Stunt Coordinator
Dave, this is great. Thanks for the link...ordered 250ft only $100, that's including shipping. Now, I hope it comes in time. :)

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks