What's new

New Guy... (1 Viewer)

SixCraxyPants

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Pettingill
Hey everyone. I'm a US Army/Air Force Ret combat vet, landscape photographer, and DogFather. I have an incredible wife, two kids that are trying out the adult world, and three epic dogs.

My wife and I are finally making plans to build a house, and we've made a deal that I get the basement, and she can have the rest of the house to do with as she pleases lol...so I'm going to build a HT. I know very little about it, so I've been lurking in every FB HT group/page, and forums like this one to learn as much as possible before I start with my plans. So far, I have a Denon AVR-X2400H receiver, two Klipsch R-820F floor speakers, two Klipsch R-620F rear surround floor speakers, Klipsch R-120SW Subwoofer, Klipsch R-34C center speaker, six Klipsch R-41A side/front/rear elevation speakers. I couldn't resist the 50% off sale that Klipsch had last Christmas lol.

I don't have a projector yet, just a 65" Visio 4K UHD E-Series Smart TV so far. I have a library of around 800 movies that I'm currently in the slow process of digitizing using DVDFab. I found a Black Friday deal of some WD 12 TB drives, so I bought a few of those for storage. I'm just finding out about Plex as well. I'm trying to find a good all-in-one remote like Harmony, so if anyone has a suggestion please let me know. As far as seating goes, I'm looking at two rows of four seats like these https://www.theaterseatstore.com/Palliser-41072-callahan-theater-sectional, but with the front row having the middle love seat for my dogs lol.

Since I'm a prop and cosplay designer/modeler, I plan to make my theater room look like something out of Iron Man, having multiple armor suits in lit enclosures. There will also be some Batman armor, ESB Boba Fett suit, Rogue One Shoretrooper armor, and other props. To enter the HT room, there will be the Shakespeare bust with the hidden switch that opens a bookcase lol.

I look forward to talking with y'all.

Not sure my wife knows what she agreed to lol

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks