What's new

New 1, 2, and 3 cubic feet sub cabs (prebuilt) at PE (1 Viewer)

LanceEAR

Agent
The 3 cubic feet enclosure has me peaked my interest. I'm planning on building a tempest or av15 but I do not have any of the tools yet. Figure a circular saw and router will cost at least that much money maybe I should go with a pre-built box and use an av12.

However, does anyone have an idea how well an av15 or tempest would work in 3 cu.ft., given ~350 watts? The sub would be used approx 75% HT / 25% music.

Thanks in advance. My modeling skills are in their infancy :frowning:

Ronnie Ferrell

Second Unit
The 3 cubic feet enclosure has peaked my interest. I'm planning on building a tempest or av15 but I do not have any of the tools yet. Figure a circular saw and router will cost at least that much money...
You will still need some way of cutting the driver cut-out. I also wonder how much the shipping would be?

Ronnie

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Good point Ronnie. To me, PE has always had high shipping charges. I think there's some profit built in.

LanceEAR: The new sub cab prices are very good. Why not call and ask for the shipping charge to your zip code?

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
George,

Looks like you're all set if you can get ahold of a router to cut the driver and amp holes.

george king

Supporting Actor
Brian,

Oh, not necessarily. I am willing to pay more for better quality and to help out someone I know versus some faceless corporation.

LanceEAR

Agent
Hank Frankenberg: Shipping charges are not an issue as I have family in Dayton (PE location) that are coming for a visit sometime next month :) They do not have much trunk space but I think they could squeeze it in there! I suppose I could borrow a router/jig saw from someone to make the driver cut out.

I guess I have to learn how to use some of the modeling software. The problem is the few I've used always produce different results for the same driver/enclosure :frowning:

Dan KW

Agent
I like those grills that are the first page of the search link that george posted...those are slick:)

KyleGS

Second Unit
However, does anyone have an idea how well an av15 or tempest would work in 3 cu.ft., given ~350 watts? The sub would be used approx 75% HT / 25% music.
I've tried the Tempest in a similar sized box and didn't like it much for HT OR stereo- it sounded very peaky even in my small living room. I can't comment on the AV15 but the Tempest IMO needs ~4.5cf or more to have a flat sound in house. (unless tiny room)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks