What's new

Netflix Lost DVD's? (1 Viewer)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Hey all you NetFlix customers:

Have any of you had any DVD's lost on their way BACK to Netflix? I've only received and sent back about 5 DVD's to them and have already had 1 not make it back ("The One").

I mailed back three DVD's at the same time. They received 2 but not the third? Weird.

Is this fairly common? How many lost DVD's are you allowed before they start complaining about it?

mike martin

Stunt Coordinator
It's probobly not lost, it's just being flown around the country a couple of times before arriving. I was with Netflix for a little over year and I never had a disk actually lost; but about every third one was extremely late comeing or going. I had to quit because it just wasn't cost effective anymore. At any rate, wait a few weeks and it will probobly make it back.

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
I've had a few discs lost in Oct-Dec of last year -- all on the way BACK. The situation when I mail several DVDs back and they arrive 2-3 days apart, while not uncommon, has happened a few times. I've been a member for over two years.

Clint

Stunt Coordinator
It must be where you guys live, but for me the experience in Chicago with the USPS/Netflix is a joke. Here is a list of the DVDs DEFINITELY lost since I joined Netflix back in August of 2001.

Time And Tide: Special Edition 25-MAR-2002

Say It Isn't So 28-JAN-2002

The Andromeda Strain 10-JAN-2002

Cube: Special Edition 19-DEC-2001

Requiem for a Dream: Special Edition 12-SEP-2001

One more lost DVD item and my account is put on hold. The tragic thing about this is that they send me about 15-20 DVDs in an average month and there is no problem. I talked to the USPS about the situation and they don't do anything but just take your info down and supposedly assign to a postal inspector. I've gotten desperate now and put a message on the returned envelope stating "Please, don't steal me." (I'm serious) sealed with scotch tape. Anyway, Cest La Vie.

John Stone

Supporting Actor
I was with Netflix for exactly one year. During that time two DVDs were lost; one I never got in the first place, the other never made it back to them.

balendu

Auditioning
I have had the same problem... 4 sent back, 3 lost.

I live in NYC and I have since switched to using a

different post box.

Dave Kalloch

Stunt Coordinator
Got you all beat: I cancelled my membership, returned my last rental, it got lost, and they CHARGED me full price-took it right off my credit card.:angry:

Marianne

Supporting Actor
I don't see how Netflix can blame customers for DVDs getting lost in the mail. It is their idea to use the USPS and their business decision not to use any form of tracking.
Basically, they are accusing you, or someone else of stealing the DVDs. The lost ones probably do get stolen (by someone else) most of the time, but hey, they chose to do business this way. It's their problem.
I bet they don't promote this in their advertising. "Use Netflix, and if the DVD gets lost in the mail we'll charge you for it!"
(Vent over ;) )

Chris Lock

Second Unit
Never had one lost, but since I'm using their mailer, once I drop it in a proper mailbox, I don't see how I could be responsible for it.

My guess is the missing discs are being stolen, either by postal employees or someone else going thru other's mailboxes. It's pretty obvious there's something of value in the envelope, so some will be tempted to steal them.

Those of you with missing discs: are you mailing them in a box at the post office, or just a regular unlocked box in front of your house?

How many of you have had these discs go missing on the way FROM Netflix? Shouldn't the number be about equal to/from, if someone is stealing them? Maybe Netflix has a thief in their incoming disc dept.

I once worked in an office where there was a box on the receptionist's desk for outgoing mail (just a tray that someone would occasionally take the contents of to deposit in a real mailbox). One day I was going to put a Netflix disc there when somebody mentioned the envelopes tend to attract thieves.

Brian G

Grip
The delayed disc are being watched be postal employees, after they're done they then send the envelope back on their way. The ones that dissapear for good are the titles they like to add to their collection.

Even though netflix doesn't track their envelopes I always put the ship date and I sign the envelope with USPS printed next to my name, that makes postal and or netflix employees too nervous to try to pull that one. I always go right to a secure drop box and I have not had one single title missing yet, four months and running.

Dan Brodin

Stunt Coordinator
I have been a member since October of 2001. I have received 22 movies from them. None lost in shipment to me and every one of them has reached Netflix without incident.

Lucky me I guess

-Dan

Sarah S

Second Unit
I lost one once; but that was when a helpful family member put them in the metered mailbox at the post office for me. They have learned. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks