What's new

Need some speaker help (right/left/center)! (1 Viewer)

bsiegert9

Auditioning
Real Name
Bryan
Greeting all!

Have a question for you guru's!

About to move to a new house where my decent 5.1 system won't really work. With the TV location, and how the sectional sofa will be split up, the rears are going to be real tricky to position.

So... I am looking to beef up my system by just a 3.1 setup.

Just bought this 15" sub to start the new renovation -

sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665089848

I have a 42" Samsung LCD and now looking for a solid left/right and center set to complete the new system.

My receiver is a Yamaha HTR-5740.

Just looking for some insight on some speakers (a good deal is always appreciated).

Any thoughts on what to look for?

Thanks!!!

mazersteven

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Mazer
Please take the subwoofer back to the store. Or use it as a door stop. But please don't use it for your system. :eek:

What budget for the speakers only? Bookshelf or Floorstanding?

What size is your room?

bsiegert9

Auditioning
Real Name
Bryan

:angry: ??? What is wrong with the sub?? Got it for $150... around half off of full price. Heck, could be a good deal just for the big sub enclosure alone.

Not too sure on the budget... maybe $300ish... that doable? Could go either way on the bookshelf or floorstanding.

Family room is almost 14' wide and 21' long... family room opens up to the kitchen.

Thanks!

mazersteven

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Mazer

The enclosure is most likely the worst part of that sub. That sub is nothing more then a noise maker. It will not give you good clean, tight, accurate, bass. It will be nothing but loud and boomy. And it will not fill your room.

You have a large area for any sub in the under $200 range to fill with bass.

But if that's your budget look here

Dayton SUB-120 12" 150 Watt Powered Subwoofer
Parts Express:Dayton SUB-120 12" 150 Watt Powered Subwoofer

(also check amazon.com for the sub)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks