What's new

Need some help with new AVR issue (1 Viewer)

Phoenix2000

Auditioning
Real Name
John Casey
Hello all!!! Just joined, first post.Little background first...

In my bedroom I have a PC with 15TB of DVD rips and TV series collected since about 2005. I have been replacing some standard def with AVIs to save space. Recently I started upgrading my favorite movies with BD rips.

To play AVI and standard def, I use an XBOX with XBMC. To play HighDef I use WH HD Media player. Also tried the Patriot BoxOffice. Great little player, but personally wasn't happy with picture and interface. My plan is to move to one consolidated player, preferably/probably a PC based around XBMC. While researching this move, I discovered the WD HD Media player and my receiver were inadequate to play proper HD audio (specifically DTS HD MA).

My issue...

Being a small bedroom, my TV is a Toshiba 40e200u. My receiver was a Sony STRDH700. Everything worked great. I switched to a new receiver, Denon AVR 1911 (for HD audio support). Everything is connected the same way. XBOX is composite and optical. WD HD Media is HDMI video/audio. Rogers cable box (Explorer 8642HD) is HDMI video/audio. XBOX and WD HD still work great, but my cable picture comes in and out, (stays on for about 45 sec and then blank screen for 1 sec, over and over). Audio is unaffected. I thought it was the i/p scaler, so I tried the three settings (analog, analog/HDMI and off), no joy.

Once I resolve this issue, my next move will probably be to build a media player based around the ATI 6870 for the DTS HD MA, Dolby TrueHD, etc support.

Cheers,

John

Phoenix2000

Auditioning
Real Name
John Casey
Upon further research I am guessing it may be poor HDMI cables. Ordered some new ones. Be back if does not resolve issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks