Yamaha RXV-530 receiver
Sony SAWM40 powered sub
Fluance 5 Speaker Surround Sound Home Theatre System SX-HTB

can I improve on the setup any?

Mike

Jose G

Supporting Actor
can I improve on the setup any?
Budget would dictate this- right? However, this I can tell you: regarding the fluance speakers, the sx-htb system, is said to have a better crossover and better sound then the av-htb speakers. Many have said this here and many are happy with them in this price- which is pretty hard to beat. The Sony SAWM40 powered sub need to be poly filled to take some of the boom factor out of it and tighten the bass up a bit. Not the best sub for music but many are real happy with it for HT. If mysony.com still has the 2000 points speacial for the sub- it may be worth it for about $200 but I wouldn't pay much more for that sub. (my .02). JandR.com has a pretty good sub deal on a Polk sub for $149- the PSW350 which might be as good as the Sony- maybe someone hear will know or at the speaker forum where there's lots of info on this, of course. Here is a thread with some good info on subs at the $250 price point- link The sub issue will have to factor in how large a space you are in also and how deep you really want to go, etc.. As far as your receiver, the sound you get is mostly dictated by the speakers you have and how they sound in your home, so unless you are going to spend more cash for cleaner sound- or cleaner power (less distortion at higher volume for example), the receiver, if it has the features you want and fits your needs will be fine. Good luck to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks