1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help with speaker setup and placement

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by NolanJ, May 4, 2004.

1. NolanJ

NolanJ Second Unit

Hello,

I have an unusual sized room and I need some help with speaker placement, specifically for two surround sound speakers and subwoofer.

The details of my system are below:

Receiver Specs

Speaker Specs

TV Specs

Below is a diagram of my room.

[​IMG]

Any suggestions would be helpful. I am not sure where to put the subwoofer, because it won't fit in the cubbyhole wehre the TV is.

Also, I'm not sure if I put one surround speaker on left of couch, and one on wall C to the right of loveseat, if that means they are going to be too far apart.

Thanks in advance for the help!

2. SteveLeach

SteveLeach Stunt Coordinator

That's a unique room shape.
    What is in the area between the line labeled A and the line labeled E? Is it open?

Have you thought about suspending the surrounds from the ceiling?

3. NolanJ

NolanJ Second Unit

The space between A and E is open... it extends into my dining room.

I have thought about suspending from the ceiling but I was under the impression the speakers should be about level with the listening partys ears. Is this correcT?

4. SteveLeach

SteveLeach Stunt Coordinator

That is correct, for an "ideal" listening environment. But I think you'd agree, that your listening environment is just a few degrees off, from being ideal.
    About the only thing you can really do, is to place your speakers and listen. Move your speakers and listen, move them again and listen. Remember, there aren't any "rules" just guide lines. I'd be willing to bet that most of us has had to make some sort of compromise in our environment or equipment.