What's new

Need Help with speaker setup and placement (1 Viewer)

NolanJ

Second Unit
Hello,

I have an unusual sized room and I need some help with speaker placement, specifically for two surround sound speakers and subwoofer.

The details of my system are below:

Receiver Specs

Speaker Specs

TV Specs

Below is a diagram of my room.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I am not sure where to put the subwoofer, because it won't fit in the cubbyhole wehre the TV is.

Also, I'm not sure if I put one surround speaker on left of couch, and one on wall C to the right of loveseat, if that means they are going to be too far apart.

Thanks in advance for the help!

SteveLeach

Stunt Coordinator
That's a unique room shape.
What is in the area between the line labeled A and the line labeled E? Is it open?

Have you thought about suspending the surrounds from the ceiling?

NolanJ

Second Unit
The space between A and E is open... it extends into my dining room.

I have thought about suspending from the ceiling but I was under the impression the speakers should be about level with the listening partys ears. Is this correcT?

SteveLeach

Stunt Coordinator
That is correct, for an "ideal" listening environment. But I think you'd agree, that your listening environment is just a few degrees off, from being ideal.
About the only thing you can really do, is to place your speakers and listen. Move your speakers and listen, move them again and listen. Remember, there aren't any "rules" just guide lines. I'd be willing to bet that most of us has had to make some sort of compromise in our environment or equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks