Need help with new speakers (1 Viewer)

Chris_K

Auditioning
currently I have the following setup:

Mains: Infinity RS3
Center: Infinity CC3
Sub: modified Audiosource 200W
Surrounds: Cambridge Soundworks dipoles

I am going to put my RS3s as my surround speakers and upgrade my mains - which ones should I get? I do have a limited budget which means I dont want to buy all new speakers but instead leverage the ones I have (that work well and sound nice).

Any ideas would be appreciated

Chris_K

Auditioning
I currently have the following:

Mains: Infinity RS3
Center: Infinity CC3
Sub: AudioSource 200W (modified)
Surrounds: Cambridge Soundworks dipoles

I am going to move my RS3s to replace the surround speakers and want to get some new mains. I am trying to find ones that are a close voice match with my existing speakers. Would the newer infinitys come close?

Any suggestions would be helpfull.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
You certainly want another set of Infinities since you’re interested in timbre matching. I suggest studying the product line on the Infinity website to see which mains have a tweeter and woofer that most closely match the CC3. That’s your best bet for good timbre matching.

Aside from that, if no one else responds with a recommendation, your best bet is to contact Infinity or a local dealer for a recommendation as to what mains would be a good match for the CC3. Or perhaps look for a used pair of RS3's on eBay.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks