What's new

Need help setting up Media Room (1 Viewer)

John999

Auditioning
Real Name
John
I am looking for a bit of advice on setting up a Home Theater room (Media Room) in my basement. The size of the room is 11X18 with no windows. The main purpose of this room is only to watch movies with surround sound using a projector. I mean no gaming, no cable just purely movies.

After looking online mainly cnet.com I am confused with the variety out there. Budget is not a concern, I can go as high as $2500 and want to get real theater effect.

I have following questions:

1. Is it a good idea to go for Bose Home Theater system?

2. Is there any "Home Theater In Box" systems that can deliver real cinema effect?

3. If I go for seperate systems, what are my options for speakers and receiver? I heard that Aperion Intimus are real good speakers, but i am not sure if these book shelf speakers can ruin my decor. I guess I can go with these if the sound is outstanding.

4. What would be a good TV or projector in the $800 - 1000 range?

I appreciate any advice to achieve my goal of perfect home theater.

Thank for looking!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Welcome to the forum. There is a section that covers rooms and large projects but we can do this here.

1. Search for Bose here and read the comments. Make your own decision.

2. What is your definition of "real cinema effect". Everyone has different goals.

3. You have thousands of options. You need to figure out what sources you will have (Blu-ray, satellite, CD, 8-track, etc) and find a receiver with enough inputs. You then need to audition as many speakers as possible. Or you just take a chance on an internet direct company that has a good return policy on their speakers.

4. What size do you want? Projectors need a room that is very dark. I'm not sure what is available in that range.

If you want a perfect home theater you need to plan, plan and plan some more. It's a lengthy process that requires more than 4 questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks